What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And he wanted me to climb up this hillView attachment 185176 View attachment 185177
I could have continued up according to the pic, but it sure looked like my bumper was gonna drag. No one knows we are out here do didn't want to risk getting high centered either.

I am definitely going to take my front valance off. It really gets a beating.

I backed off, but looking at @22hemi13 climbing with his, I might have to try it one day.

You just need taller tires food more clearance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced the low beam halogen bulbs in my quads with some led bulbs. It took about a half hour total to do the swap. Now I just need to wait for it to get dark to see how they look and make any adjustments needed. I used these ones, they didn’t throw any codes.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GKPR452?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Did a road trip this week about 900 miles. Got 21 MPG doing a avg. 70/75 with my Pentastar ! I have a Quad Cab 4x4 so I am happy :) Have seen 22/23 MPG

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gave mine a much needed wash.
Not a super great wash, but I did do the inner/outter wheels and the wheelwells. Wanted to Spray Wax as well, but it was getting a bit chilly.
Hopefully I can apply that CAR GUYS Premium Car Wax before winter gets here. Supposed to last at least 6 months, which will be perfect for over the winter months.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And he wanted me to climb up this hillView attachment 185176 View attachment 185177
I could have continued up according to the pic, but it sure looked like my bumper was gonna drag. No one knows we are out here do didn't want to risk getting high centered either.

I backed off, but looking at @22hemi13 climbing with his, I might have to try it one day.

You might be in trouble if you use him as an example----LOL
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a super great wash, but I did do the inner/outter wheels and the wheelwells. Wanted to Spray Wax as well, but it was getting a bit chilly.
Hopefully I can apply that CAR GUYS Premium Car Wax before winter gets here. Supposed to last at least 6 months, which will be perfect for over the winter months.

There is only one "wax" that I know of that will last about that long and that is Collinite-and it is sort of a hybrid wax/sealant. I don't know anything about Car Guys but would be interested in your results.
Jay

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yeah, @Pull Ya I have been learning from his posts about what the extreme end of these trucks capabilities are.

I have been all over these areas in old Powerwagon, Ramcharger, trailduster back when they were unclaimed strip mines.

Now there isn't too many places to go, and I am pretty sure those old Mopars would have been able to drive under my truck today...it sure is a long wheelbase lol

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate to see areas chained off like that but in a lot of cases it's the fault of people that don't respect others property. It sure looked pretty back there.
Jay

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spray wax? Is that the hybrid wax or something else? Does it come in a spray bottle of so you use a pressure washer attachment to spray it on?

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I hate to see areas chained off like that but in a lot of cases it's the fault of people that don't respect others property. It sure looked pretty back there.
Jay

This is mega-common out in timber country. You can get a set of keys for a fairly nominal fee ($275/yr for Weyerhaeuser properties - two of my next-door neighbor properties are owned by Weyco), and as a bonus you get 2-3 free cords of (snag) wood, camping privileges, hunting privileges, etc. It usually makes a ton of sense, and sometimes having that key gets you out of a jam if you go into an open-gated logging road in the morning, but come back towards sunset to find the gate locked.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Picked up a “used” carven competitor kit for a steal today. Guy said it was only on the truck for two weeks but it barely could’ve been ran in those two weeks cause there isn’t a single mark on it. Not discolored from the heat or anything. Hopefully can get it put on in the next day or so.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
While in town today, I discovered that some parts never die... they just get repurposed.

(For the curious: $275 for the whole bench - Rusty Nail Antiques, Vernonia, Oregon).

View attachment 185119

Sweet! I keep promising to make us an adirondack BENCH with an old PowerWagon gate and what's left of an ArtMorrison frame shipping crate we have sitting around since there's Plenty of 2x4's and 2x6's to choose from. :D

adirondack_bench.jpg

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

Heck yeah. Push them big ole long girls.... worked mine hard this weekend too!

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gave mine a much needed wash too. I used my new foam cannon to do it. 6RjcvTlUfuN6NTxqAzZywD.jpg
A good way to soap it all up. It looked even better once I rinsed the soap all off.

Last edited:

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

That’s pretty cool!!! Can you drive anywhere off road ? Forgive my ignorance. Seems as though (at least in movies) that NV,AZ and New Mexico have so much flatness off the highways. Here it’s either forest or someone’s property [emoji2369]

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
That’s pretty cool!!! Can you drive anywhere off road ? Forgive my ignorance. Seems as though (at least in movies) that NV,AZ and New Mexico have so much flatness off the highways. Here it’s either forest or someone’s property [emoji2369]

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?
Tons of trails. Arizona is full of mountains and forest. Dont let the movies fool ya it’s not all desert haha. But def has them too. There are so many old Forrest roads and mine road you can drive every weekend or a life time and never hit every trail. Some are very tough some are mild. Every weekend is an adventure