What does the Sport offer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The basics that are standard on Sport trim:

-Black leather seats with cloth-inserts
-Leather dashboard and door panels
-8.4 radio
-Premium gauge cluster
-Projector headlights with in black housings
-LED taillights
-20 inch aluminum wheels
-Painted bumpers

Sport-Specific Options:

-R/T package (rcsb w/22 inch wheels and RT badges)
-Sport hood
-Black full-leather interior

I don't want to go into the full list of options because most are also available for other trims as well, and not Sport-specific (Big Horn, Laramie, Limited, etc.)

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's apples to oranges lol. A 44k Colorado would be a duramax, and that's msrp. A loaded up ram with an ecodiesel is over 50k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try to get 10K off a Colorado or Canyon. V-6 Z71 models are 42-43K. Also around here, Ram dealers are giving huge discounts on diesels. Just trying to point out that RAM gives you a LOT more per dollar over other brands.

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The basics that are standard on Sport trim:

-Black leather seats with cloth-inserts
-Leather dashboard and door panels
-8.4 radio
-Premium gauge cluster
-Projector headlights with in black housings
-LED taillights
-20 inch aluminum wheels
-Painted bumpers

Sport-Specific Options:

-R/T package (rcsb w/22 inch wheels and RT badges)
-Sport hood
-Black full-leather interior

I don't want to go into the full list of options because most are also available for other trims as well, and not Sport-specific (Big Horn, Laramie, Limited, etc.)

Doesn't the Sport also come standard with that part time 4-wheel drive system?
When I bought my truck, that was one of the features they told me about to try and get me to upgrade to the Sport.

It's one of the few "blanks" I have on my dash. That and the cooled seats.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Doesn't the Sport also come standard with that part time 4-wheel drive system?
When I bought my truck, that was one of the features they told me about to try and get me to upgrade to the Sport.

It's one of the few "blanks" I have on my dash. That and the cooled seats.

Mine has a 4wd auto selection. Is this what you're talking about?

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP has no idea what he started.

Exactly...This can go on for days

Adding my $.02, the only thing mine didn't come with that I wanted was the integrated trailer brake controller. I had to aftermarket add it on my '13 and considering doing it on my '15.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has a 4wd auto selection. Is this what you're talking about?

I'm guessing so. The express is a part time transfer case. The big horns and above have full time transfer cases with the auto selection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
was power adjustable pedals mentioned and power folding mirrors?

OP
OP
P

PapaRoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW! This thread has really taken off! I am the OP, and I'm getting ready to make my selection. There are a couple of Sports on my list. However, neither of them have cooled seats, which I was really hoping to get. Trailer Brke Control can be added, but cooled seats are a completely different issue.
I sold my sports car, and one side of me still wants something with a little "sport" flair to it. We are planning traveling, since we are both retired, and occasionally pulling a small to medium size travel trailer. Most of the time I would be driving it to the golf course, and around town. We live in southern New Mexico, and cooled seats would be nice.

Mud80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The cooled seats are very worth it. Did you end up finding something?
Oh, and swing into Mesilla Valley Kitchen for me. I'd kill for some of their green chile sauce right now

ljn21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a link to the brochure that shows the differences in models:
http://www.fcaworkvehiclesus.com/as...es/ramtrucks/2016/16MY_Ram_1500_ebrochure.pdf

69gwc is right. The sport is ram's street truck. painted bumpers, mirrors, fog lights, etc... It looks like the express but gives you all of the interior goodies. If you are looking at a 2016 i would assume the rebates would be huge.

Is there an equivalent link for the 2017s? I tried to change the dates in the URL hoping to get lucky but no go.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a 14 Sport and didn't find the muffler to be any different than the Laramie I'm in now. It wasn't aggressive sounding at all.

Copperhead17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 Copperhead Sport so would this have different mufflers, was louder than my 2010 Challenger RT until I cut off the resonators. Truck has Copper colour seat inserts and stitching with sport on the headrests and colour trim.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have a 2017 Copperhead Sport so would this have different mufflers, was louder than my 2010 Challenger RT until I cut off the resonators. Truck has Copper colour seat inserts and stitching with sport on the headrests and colour trim.

there is a possibility that it "could" have different mufflers, but its not a standard.

If you crawl under it and get the part number i can tell you if it is the regular exhaust or the aggressive one.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my loaded sport. Just wish it had the illuminated interior door handles like my Durango.