What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Speaking of the brake pedal.... Mine is too high. I have to lift my foot a long way off the accelerator pedal to put it on the brake. I have had a look and there is no way to adjust it.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You mean the relay click unlocking the gear shift?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 V6 EcoDiesel
Lack of a passenger airbag shutoff. My kids go in the backseat. But I'd like to be able to pick up their cousins, using all my seats without worry of the airbag.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You mean the relay click unlocking the gear shift?

The relay I can feel on the shifter when pressing brake. Is that what you’re talking about? For me it’s a click on the pedal itself it feels like. Almost like it’s loose but it’s not. Maybe the arm is clicking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The relay I can feel on the shifter when pressing brake. Is that what you’re talking about? For me it’s a click on the pedal itself it feels like. Almost like it’s loose but it’s not. Maybe the arm is clicking ?

I have not experienced that...sounds odd.

iaminsider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This is what I feel as well however it is very intermittent. I have not taken it in to the dealer yet. I plan to get under there and look around myself first before dropping it off. I typically experience it on light brake pedal pressure mostly however like I said, it is intermittent. A loud enough audible click to hear as well as a click/pop feel in the brake pedal.

There are many forum threads about it but I have not found anyone that explains the solution as of yet.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is what I feel as well however it is very intermittent. I have not taken it in to the dealer yet. I plan to get under there and look around myself first before dropping it off. I typically experience it on light brake pedal pressure mostly however like I said, it is intermittent. A loud enough audible click to hear as well as a click/pop feel in the brake pedal.

There are many forum threads about it but I have not found anyone that explains the solution as of yet.

That’s pretty much what I have as well. Maybe it’ll be another recall. I have a stack of them awaiting to get done

TatertotScott

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I had a sh!tty Silverado, I had a similar feeling, and it ended up being a loose caliper bracket bolt.

Maybe, maybe not, but an easy check....

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When I had a sh!tty Silverado, I had a similar feeling, and it ended up being a loose caliper bracket bolt.

Maybe, maybe not, but an easy check....

I’ll have the service guy take a look at it when it’s in for service and recalls

Thanks!

Dynigo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi Sport
The connect on my truck is horrible stops working but once we get to the dealer everything is fine happens about every 6 months

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The connect on my truck is horrible stops working but once we get to the dealer everything is fine happens about every 6 months
It's part of the design to get you to visit the dealer so they can try and sell you something else.:rolleyes:

WillB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My only dislike is the chesp crappy brakes/rotors.

I love my Ram, really love the 65RFE and column shifter.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My only dislike is the chesp crappy brakes/rotors.
True that.
I had 13,500 miles on mine when I started hearing squeaking while braking. I wasn't amused at all.
I'm now about a thousand miles more and it's still there. Still deciding if I want to keep the truck yet. If I do, I'm probably going to go with some sort of big brake kit with colored calipers. I'll have to hook up with nick @ got exhaust to go over my choices when I want.