What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5hole

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Rusty wheel wells after 4 years. My previous 10 year old truck had none.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This being my first brand new truck....I love it. However I can't stand the rotary dial shifter, no cabin filter and not having a storage space that locks.

Other than that having a better transfer case and limited slip would have been appreciated.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seriously they don't all come with cruise control?

Nope. Not all come with it. Mines a ST Express. And it was optioned off by the old ***** who ordered the truck new.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
The tundra has an optional 4:30 gear ratio. I would like something like that too.

Also, not a fan of the middle backseat. No one can honestly sit there unless they are a child.

Minor stuff. I am happy with the Ram Brand.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm not a huge fan of the tailgate locking every time I lock the doors. Most of the time I don't need it locked, so that loud clunk everytime I'm walking away/toward the truck and hit the button makes me cringe. But that's pretty minor, overall I'm very pleased.
There's an option in your radio or EVIC to change the locking behavior.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's an option in your radio or EVIC to change the locking behavior.

Really, as in I can disable the tailgate lock? Thatd be sweet. To the garage!!!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Really, as in I can disable the tailgate lock? Thatd be sweet. To the garage!!!
I think it's the "unlock all doors" option. 1 press locks/unlocks drivers door, 2 presses locks/unlocks all doors.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool, I'll dig a little deeper into it. Thanks for the input

st8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Laramie Crew Cab
I do not like the chrome mirrors on my Laramie. The windshield sprayers on the hood also bother me. Chrome clad wheels. I have a couple small bubbles in my paint that I noticed and have to go back to the dealer. I love the truck but I'm worried about long term quality.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Lack of cabin air filter from the factory. Given how most trucks are used, there is no excuse for this. Especially on a loaded truck.

I agree, in case you guys didn't know. You can add a cabin filter and this reminds me I need to change mine. lol

I don't like that the doors close so easily. You push them open and woosh they swing closed on you.

I hate how the rear doors will kick your ass if you open them. They go as far open as they can, then come back and hit you. haha

Wish there was a dash indicator when the tailgate was open.

That would have been nice one morning when I was driving to work. I left my tailgate down the night before. Loading some packages. Take off from a light and see boxes flying out of my truck on the road. OMG I almost caused a pile up.. haha.
I have bed cover so I couldn't see it was down..

Cruise control should come standard on all new 4th gen trucks.

No CC? Damn. That sucks

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket[/QUOTE]

rear window defogger on express / tradesman.

Don't have it on the sports either and rarely see it on any rams.

The tundra has an optional 4:30 gear ratio. I would like something like that too.

Yeah and friend just got a new tundra and told me he had 4:30s. I was surprised. That's awesome.

Anyways. I do love my truck. The only thing that bugs me is the 5/6 speed because I feel like it's going blow any minute. lol

Off the top of my head, I really thing of anything. I know there's something but I really do love it. Maybe the flimsy aluminium hood and bed?

Squidbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not a huge fan of the tailgate locking every time I lock the doors. Most of the time I don't need it locked, so that loud clunk everytime I'm walking away/toward the truck and hit the button makes me cringe. But that's pretty minor, overall I'm very pleased.

The tailgate locking is supposed to be a good thing to have. Apparently some people tend to steal them, or so I've heard.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4th Gen. "dislikes"?

No CC? Damn. That sucks

It's not all that bad. It only starts getting to me on 3-4 hour trips. Which is the longest I've ever driven it straight. But there is a sweet spot around 75-80 that she just cruises on her own. Especially with a good set of boots. To help hold the pedal down. Lol

Last edited:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The windshield sprayers on the hood also bother me

i'm sure you could probably reroute those to the wipers and setup up like GMs. really you could probably put them anywhere you want as long as you angle them properly. you'd have some holes in your hood to fix tho

The tailgate locking is supposed to be a good thing to have. Apparently some people tend to steal them, or so I've heard.

pretty common in the cities around here. probably not hard to sell either since it's also common for people to bang up their tailgate backing into things

Last edited:

Recon12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alarm system

I sure wish there were some way to use the door key to unlock the truck without setting off the horn alarm. On my truck you have to unlock with the fob or the horn alarm is going to blow. If you don't have the fob on you, you can't turn it off!