What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doublestack1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buyer's Remorse

Just picked up a 2017 Laramie Long Horn, monotone (Black).

Seems this was the model that had most if not all of the features / options I was looking for excluding the air suspension kit.

However, after owning for a few weeks, the chrome front and rear bumpers are starting to annoy me. I prefer body color matched bumpers like the Limited or Sport, etc.

How difficult would it be to have the bumpers replaced? This version has the park assist so I suspect I would need a set of bumpers that accommodate the sensors. Would love a recommendation on after-market shops that can do this kind of work.

Other than that, I love the truck. It drives great (my first truck) and looks awesome.

Attachments

• 20170407_014325001_iOS.jpg
    20170407_014325001_iOS.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 82

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhh...found another gripe....

I don't like how the U-Connect chic will start talking to me without me talking to her first.

She just needs to sit there and wait until I'm ready.

Lol....she's very bossy. I cannot handle three of them in my life!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just picked up a 2017 Laramie Long Horn, monotone (Black).

Seems this was the model that had most if not all of the features / options I was looking for excluding the air suspension kit.

However, after owning for a few weeks, the chrome front and rear bumpers are starting to annoy me. I prefer body color matched bumpers like the Limited or Sport, etc.

How difficult would it be to have the bumpers replaced? This version has the park assist so I suspect I would need a set of bumpers that accommodate the sensors. Would love a recommendation on after-market shops that can do this kind of work.

Other than that, I love the truck. It drives great (my first truck) and looks awesome.

I don't think it is all that hard but you do have metal bumpers which have an advantage too. Maybe you could plastidip them or something.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
my 13 with 150k had a very minor and quiet one that if you listen for you can hear on a bumpy road, but its in the radio bezel, i can touch it and the sound goes away, but like i said the radio has to be off and you have to listen for it

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I dislike that my 2016 grill doesn't rise with the hood like my 3rd gen did. Was nice to step up on the front bumper to lean in and do some work.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The big RAM on my tailgate has pins so i cant remove it.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a fan of chrome in general. Plasti dipped my bumpers on my SLT and looks way better imo.
I HATE the chrome accents inside the cab, they are absolutely blinding. Especially the shifter and the center console handle. I bought some vinyl wrap and will be wrapping them soon (and gonna attempt to wrap my chrome door handles as well)

Copperhead17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only issue I have is with the Nav, I use the nav to take my daughter to hockey and I was using my Google Maps on my phone before I had my truck. I found that in most cases I need an address, as Arenas are not in the system, so I need to look that up before we leave for hockey. It also is a little harder to enter addresses out in the country. So guess I'm just used to Google maps and that interface and need to use the Nav so that I'm comfortable getting to the rinks. That is my only issue

guarj17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two things, but it is going into the dealership the end of next week to "address" the issues. Likely not going to be fixed, but it's worth a shot.

1. Seatbelt sensors. If me and the girlfriend are in the truck, and we hit a bump, or any change of weight on the seats, the seatbelt notification on my screen spazzes out and flickers back and forth between Driver/Passenger seatbelt unbuckled. It does not seem normal the way it spazzes at different rates of speed.

2. Middle console power issues. From my upper inner console box, if I plug into the aux/power, the power is not consistent. It flickers, and actually drains phone battery instead of charging it.

nosdog2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
I hate the three lights on the cluster for the lights, tow/haul, and exhaust brake. For one I don't need a light to tell me my headlights are on. Two, I hate staring at the extra lights for Tow/haul and exhaust brake, if I want to really know they are on or not I can look down at the button.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I hate the three lights on the cluster for the lights, tow/haul, and exhaust brake. For one I don't need a light to tell me my headlights are on. Two, I hate staring at the extra lights for Tow/haul and exhaust brake, if I want to really know they are on or not I can look down at the button.

YES!!!! I have yet to understand why i need a Light to tell me that my Lights are on :crazy: same with the fog lights...

guarj17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Two things, but it is going into the dealership the end of next week to "address" the issues. Likely not going to be fixed, but it's worth a shot.

1. Seatbelt sensors. If me and the girlfriend are in the truck, and we hit a bump, or any change of weight on the seats, the seatbelt notification on my screen spazzes out and flickers back and forth between Driver/Passenger seatbelt unbuckled. It does not seem normal the way it spazzes at different rates of speed.

2. Middle console power issues. From my upper inner console box, if I plug into the aux/power, the power is not consistent. It flickers, and actually drains phone battery instead of charging it.

Just noticed I might not be the only one with these issues, have any of you had these problems? And if so, is there a fix?

cak446

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Add the high beam light to the list as well! These lights wouldn't annoy me if they were less bright, or dimmed significantly with the the rest of the gauges.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
and look at the many people who drive down the road at night with no headlights on and now you know why.