What a week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUICEBOX

I don't read the script. The script reads me.
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ive never met a dealer ive trusted, both motorcycle and cager. Ive bought cars trucks and motorcycles from california to pennsylvania and they're all the same. Unless its warranty work i wont go to a dealer, they all find the cheapest route and are shady as **** when it comes to being honest. If i was you i would take it to my brother in law, atleast you know they'll treat it like you would.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah- I read all these dealership horror stories.

In retrospect my concerns are pretty trivial compared to some, I am just frustrated due to the time I keep losing from work to keep taking it in for this little **** all the time.

The sales rep I dealt with has been awesome and honestly I can't speak ill of ANY of the sales guys. It just angers me that these things keep slipping through the cracks like this in the service department. And I swear if I hear "don't worry it'll be fine as long as the light isn't flashing" one more time I am going to flip ****.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another truck there- but I am seriously on the fence about getting service work done there.
I may just have to put heat in the garage ;)

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just document everything...and when you have time, try calling coporate and report the dealer. Those repairs should have been done, and the right oil should have been put in. Sounds like a managers fault and his heald should roll.

Please tell me you got the life time warranty on paper??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just document everything...and when you have time, try calling coporate and report the dealer. Those repairs should have been done, and the right oil should have been put in. Sounds like a managers fault and his heald should roll.

Please tell me you got the life time warranty on paper??

You bet I did. No way I was going to leave it at a handshake.

scubasteege

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I always read about dealer horror stories and honestly and to my surprise the dealer down here at bay dodge in florida has been very helpful and has done great work on my truck. My cv axel broke or the boot tore not sure exactly what but they fixed it under warranty even though I had bilstien shocks at 2.1 and zone upper control arms. I also was having a horrible problem with my radio that it would not connect to any iPhone. They actually put in work to find out the problem and now it works great! I can't say the same for the body shop across the street though. They did horrible body work after I got toned and I made them redo it. I'm just thankful I have a decent dealer.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can kind of understand them not replacing the oil sending unit at first. If it's a sensor that's supposed to detect the incorrect oil viscosity and it tripped the CEL, then it did it's job. And when the CEL was off once the correct oil was in, then they didn't think there was a problem with it. At least when you brought it back, they did know the next thing they needed to do was replace the sending unit.

And the windshield wiper thing I would give them a pass as well. Especially if you said it was working the day before. When you call the dealership, they have no way of knowing what exactly the problem might be, so they were giving you a timeline in case you needed a new part. It's actually pretty good that they offered to look at the truck the same day. The dealer I have been going to, the earliest appointment is always at least the next day.

What I do find unacceptable is putting the incorrect oil in the first place. Also, not replacing the overhead console since it was a pre-diagnosed problem.

At the end of the day, they are standing behind the product they sold you and have been fixing it. I get your frustration at dropping a bunch of money on a truck, but it is still a used vehicle. Heck, even new trucks can have issues.

I do hope that this is the last of the issues you have to deal with for a while.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sound response. I admit I am just way more frustrated with the amount of lost time, but ultimately it was the oil incident that set me right off given my track record in that area. That single incident irrationally turned all of these trivial little things into a major issue with me. The wiper- that was just an item that, again, is trivial but was one more little thorn.

Anyways, I can't complain about the way these guys have treated me up front.

sylver91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I can understand your frustration, speaking from experience and point of view from the other side of the service counter and in the shop. Just remember we are people too and we get shafted daily lol.

OP
OP
smurfs_of_war

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I can understand your frustration, speaking from experience and point of view from the other side of the service counter and in the shop. Just remember we are people too and we get shafted daily lol.
Yup... you're right. The guys are doing all they can, and I can't really ask for much more.