wheel hop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow learner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi . I am new here so please be kind. I have bad wheel hop in soft sand. Traction control is off. Tried different tire pressure. Can not hardly go past idle with out hopping. ?

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
mine light up without hop, kinda like your 4th of July. Good luck as there's no sand here just large rocks errrrrr the Rockies.

ZJMAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My guess is the suspension, you could try those air bladders that fit inside the coil spring. I have heard those help with wheel hop for racing applications but I would think wheel hop is wheel hop.

Max

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a worn suspension component(s) like shocks or bushings. Could also be something in the drive train, as there is a lot of power/stress in the sand. A transmission clutch slipping/chattering, bad joint perhaps, transfer case clutch. Do you have it in 4low?

Are you running oversized tires/wheels or lifted? How many miles and did it always hop? Do you have limited slip?

Last edited: