whos got the BEST DEALS on Ram trucks? High volume dealer at low price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx680

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500HD Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
My money doesnt come easy so I dont want to spend more than I have to for something. I shop around.

Who is the dealer to go to for a Ram? I'm looking for a 2500/3500 4x4 single cab Cummins.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are you from?
That would help

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kernersville is a high volume high discount dealer in North Carolina

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lithia dodge in corpus christi texas will give you a good deal.

OP
OP
T

trx680

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500HD Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
Where are you from?
That would help

Virginia

I know of Kernerville in NC. Just wondering if there were any others around.
I'm not afraid to drive a little. THe single cabs seem to be harder to find.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AutoTrader is your friend. You might search the greater Atlanta area RAM dealerships. Many there offer big discounts.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Car Guru's, I resource I learned from a Ram Forum member. Best truck site on planet erf. I used to think Craigslist was the best, but guru's is a great resource.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
when I shopped for my 3500 in August 2015 I did a country wide search. I wanted something in stock, a dually, CTD and 5th wheel prep. I found the one I ended up with at Steve White motors in Newton, NC. They have a large stock of RAM pickups so I was able to compare different option levels. I also considered at least 5 other dealers from the Idaho area to Maryland. There was a nice tradesman in Maryland but the price was too-good-to-be-true with a bunch of unobtainable rebate restrictions. There were no duallys at dealers in the northeast. Made the deal with Bruce Lee at SWM an hour after selling my '01 then we flew down and drove back to RI on the weekend.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Even though you are in Virginia I'd still look at Dennis Dillon. They are currently showing 485 new Rams in stock. They have a 7 acre yard in the back of the dealership nearly filled with trucks.

SoCalDirtNSnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Old thread but I'll chime in anyway...

I looked all over the country for mine. Considered many of the dealers mentioned so far. Steve White, Dennis Dillon, and the local dealers.
After hitting just about every Ram dealer in So Cal and talking to a couple dozen across the country I ended up at Dave Smith Ram in Kellogg ID. They had the best selection and had the truck closest to my wish list at a haggle-free competitive price. It was the easiest car buying process Ive gone thru. Did everything online. So I was in and out pretty quick. I was in the city of Kellogg for maybe 1.5 hours or less before I was on the road with my shiny new truck. Sally was a big help and very responsive. She found an additional rebate nobody else found.

If it weren't so far I would recommend it to everyone. It's in the middle of nowhere. Sorry WA & ID but it is. Closest major city is Spokane. And it was ~20 mi from the MT border. It worked out for me as I combined a work & family trip into the mix. But it's weird when you pull up and think this place sells the most Rams anywhere?

I just want to add that I was in the market for an SLT/Laramie. I'm not fancy but I went with the Longhorn as it was close enough to what I was expecting to pay for the SLT/Lar.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Even though you are in Virginia I'd still look at Dennis Dillon. They are currently showing 485 new Rams in stock. They have a 7 acre yard in the back of the dealership nearly filled with trucks.

If nothing else op can print out a copy of a truck from Dennis Dillon and use it to negotiate the price at a dealer near him.

Kingsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Bonham Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Bonham TX is a large volume dealer and has excellent prices. You can find their trucks on Ebay and numerous sites.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dennis Dillon, I think thats the right name.

Everyone says Dennis Dillon, but I tried to go thru them for a car I wanted, and their price was lower than local....by 230 bucks. Whooppee !!

Hardly worth the cost of the trip to go get it, and the customer service was pretty non-existent....had to contact a manager to get any info from them at all.

So my advice, is beware and make sure you are checking other places...........

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The deals vary from time to time and vehicle to vehicle (some cars have no margin for the dealer to work with). But Dillon does seem to routinely offer the lowest prices, and maybe a good reference point.... and you don't have to negotiate to get it. My neighbor saw a $1500 difference, I saw a $500 difference to a local end of month/quarter deal that otherwise one would be hard pressed to beat. YMMV

Last edited:

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Everyone says Dennis Dillon, but I tried to go thru them for a car I wanted, and their price was lower than local....by 230 bucks. Whooppee !!

Hardly worth the cost of the trip to go get it, and the customer service was pretty non-existent....had to contact a manager to get any info from them at all.

So my advice, is beware and make sure you are checking other places...........

Not sure if there is a difference between how the Ram portion is run compared to the car side of it but with as many transactions as they do they are bound to **** off a few customers. The vast majority of posts on this forum show buyers with a positive purchase experience with great prices. As always, people should always look around when buying and at a minimum get a price from DD and compare to your local dealers prices.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in Idaho so I checked with Dave Smith in north Idaho and Dennis Dillon. Both were the highest of the 5 dealers I checked. Dave Smith who constantly touts unbeatable pricing basically told me that it was was impossible to buy a Ram at the price I was quoted by the dealer I ended up buying from.

I was like why would I drive 6 hours north to pay more from you? And they were like the other dealer is lying they can't sell it for that price. I went to the other dealer and bought it for that price.

Last edited:

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Doug henry tabor NC is a pretty great place, buddy went there from Yorktown and saved over 4K because our local dealers couldn't drop prices that low

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's what I did....

I hate shopping for vehicles. I like to look online then find something then go drive it. So i went to carmax, put in all the options I was looking for, and let five local dealers compete for my business. The one that won ultimately not only came in lowest, but promised to get the EXACT truck i wanted and would have it in two days. Then they gave me near top Blue Book trade for my 08 Laramie. Total time in dealership was 30 minutes (not counting the inspection and detailing time).