Why can't I find the 3500 I am looking for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Morning all!

Ok, I'm pretty frustrated. A while ago I asked y'all for the best way to find the truck that I wanted, and you guys provided some really excellent info, suggesting
cargurus.com to find possible trucks, and
Ram Trucks - Contact Us to look up the VIN to get detailed info that cargurus doesn't include.

The only problem - it.wont.******.work.

I put in Dodge, 3500, and a zipcode on cargurs main page. On the next, I can put in all of my options *except* a year newer than 2010. Why the hell?
It makes no sense at all. If you put in an Acura RLX, you get up to 2017.

If I click the tab to search by "body style" I can search by year, but I am limited to only 200 miles, and none of the results are newer than 2012. Again, what the hell? I would appreciate any advice or other sites that you might suggest.

If it helps, I'm going to be hauling a 23,000 DRV fifth-wheel toy-hauler. Based on recommendations, I am looking for a 3500, Aisin, 4.10, 6.7, dually, 8' bed and any kind of extended cab (we have a dog). Although I am looking for used, I have no preference for model, trim, year, color, or body condition.

Thank you all in advance for your help, I appreciate it.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you try putting on Ram 3500 instead of Dodge 3500? Pretty sure 2010 is the last year of Dodge trucks before they got separated out to just Ram.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Try Ram 3500.

Also, take a look at Dave Smith Motors' website.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Morning all!

Ok, I'm pretty frustrated. A while ago I asked y'all for the best way to find the truck that I wanted, and you guys provided some really excellent info, suggesting
cargurus.com to find possible trucks, and
Ram Trucks - Contact Us to look up the VIN to get detailed info that cargurus doesn't include.

The only problem - it.wont.******.work.

I put in Dodge, 3500, and a zipcode on cargurs main page. On the next, I can put in all of my options *except* a year newer than 2010. Why the hell?
It makes no sense at all. If you put in an Acura RLX, you get up to 2017.

If I click the tab to search by "body style" I can search by year, but I am limited to only 200 miles, and none of the results are newer than 2012. Again, what the hell? I would appreciate any advice or other sites that you might suggest.

If it helps, I'm going to be hauling a 23,000 DRV fifth-wheel toy-hauler. Based on recommendations, I am looking for a 3500, Aisin, 4.10, 6.7, dually, 8' bed and any kind of extended cab (we have a dog). Although I am looking for used, I have no preference for model, trim, year, color, or body condition.

Thank you all in advance for your help, I appreciate it.

Not sure where you're located but found this one:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ection=undefined#listing=150461683_isFeatured

Build sheet:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C63RRKL5FG684196

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you looking New or used? If new why not just order it to spec? If used I use CARMAX and AutoTrader alot when buying vehicles but I think those aren't as good as they once was.

Sometimes its just hitting the pavement. When I was looking for my R/T closest ones I found on any website was texas, until I mentioned what I was looking for to my buddy and he told me that a dealership just took one in on trade... ended up buying that one after about a 6 month search.

Its not easy to find what you are looking for when you have a specific list of options. just takes patience.

List what options and parameters you are looking for and I'm sure the feller's here on RF will help find you one.

OP
OP
P

paustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Did you try putting on Ram 3500 instead of Dodge 3500? Pretty sure 2010 is the last year of Dodge trucks before they got separated out to just Ram.

<thud><thud><thud><thud><thud>

Good god, I'm an idiot.

THANK YOU

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
First off 2011- present is ram as the manufacture. I believe your going to need a 2013+ more likely a 2014.

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm not sure why your so hung up on refining your search with a search engine when you should just be looking. Ram 3500 are everywhere. I have a 3500 with the Aisin but it has the 342 gear. Don't let the gear ratio scare you off. These diesels could easily pull a house with the regular transmission. Anyhow, why not start with one of the largest Ram dealers.

Kernersville Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram | Vehicles for sale in Kernersville, NC 27284

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 42

rsdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 BigHorn 1500 8spd 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ppicked up a 2014 RAM 1500 with all of the options I was looking for. It took almost 4 weeks using autotrader.com

I search at various mileages out and contacted several dealers to be on the lookout for what I wanted. All promised to help, but in 4 weeks I found my perfect fit... about 45 miles away using autotrader... they send you email or txt alerts when any new listing pops up fitting your search criteria

I was looking for 1500 and 2500... not nearly as many 2500 as 1500 and I would bet even fewer 3500... I was told by one dealer as soon as they take a 3500 on trade it is out the door within 24 hours... so contact RAM dealers and make some salespersons friends...

OP
OP
P

paustin

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thank you very much for the suggestion . I will follow up and let you know

xrsman

Reaction score