Why Ford Tech chose 2015 Ram over 2015 F150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of the main reasons for not liking the f150 is a leaking stop lamp! hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Respectfully, I wouldn't be so quick to laugh. I've been watching his YouTube channel for a couple of years now and I'm confident he's worked on A LOT of F150's over the last 10 years. If this is a big problem to him, I would think he's seen it a lot. Also, as he said, it's not just that it leaks, but it leaks and stains the headliner. Not too bad under warranty, I bet pretty pricey outside it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gms leak there also. My Chevys headliner was stained from it. Pretty common amongst all brands

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad I bought a Ram, never was into Fords

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
One of the main reasons for not liking the f150 is a leaking stop lamp! hahahaha

He also said the Eco-Boost engines have all kinds of known and uncorrected problems too.

BeachinIt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI.
I admit the new F-150 is a beautiful truck. But I just bought out my lease this past week. Chrysler completely surprised me by voluntarily lowering the agreed-upon buyout price. Considering the truck only has 16K miles on it, it was just too good a deal to pass up. Even still, when I was looking for a new truck, I was looking at the 2015 F150's or a leftover 2015 Ram 1500. Ford couldn't even come close to matching the incentives that Chrysler was offering.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I don't know about new Ford trucks, but I've been driving an 09 f350 since it was new. while the seats are fairly comfortable and the engine is pretty smooth and I like the clockable dash vents, the engine lacks much power, the vehicle rides very harsh and rattly, like it has no shocks. It had rubber floor mats about 1/32" thick, which wore through in about 5000 miles. The steering is very slow and too heavy feeling. My second Gen Ram 3500 v10 dually with 206K rides and steers circles around it. It has the original rubber floor mats in it, and they must wear like iron, because they look brand new.

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
As a former FUDD man, I can tell you in TWO WORDS why I'd of picked Dodge by 2016, if NOT sooner (as I did);

"VEE" "EIGHT"

Jim's Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 Speed
Interesting. Heard the EcoBoost engines have a problem with condensation in the oil. They don't like casual around town driving, you need to work them and get the temps up. Also lots of blow by. Then again other people swear by them.

Jim

bigfoot2219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interestingly enough I saw some of his videos about 14 months ago after I had test driven 2 f150s and decided to do some further digging. I was really turned off by what he said about the carbon buildup in the eco boosts. At 20K miles it was all gunked up and he was scraping the valves. You can't seafoam the ecoboost!

I did like the power of that 3.5 Eco in my test drive, though I had a frightened feeling that the new $46k truck would be fickle and not be up to my backroad adventures etc. I'm old school (I admit) but I don't trust the idea of a sedan sized v6 with a turbo setup as much as I trust the toughness of a natural aspirated v8. After my reflection, I gave the nod to the 5.0L v8...but ultimately I drove a ram, experienced the magic of the hemi mated to the 8 speed and after that I knew I had found love again. (A rare feeling for those of us that have been married for almost 30 years). After that the goose was cooked, they could have taken my Avalanche from me and hiked up the price; I was sold. ...instead I received a great deal and was treated like a friend/deeply valued customer.

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
Funny you post that vid here. I came from an f150 and I was (actually still am) subscribed to his you tube channel! What he failed to mention was, to me, the biggest problem ford ever had on the 04-08's was the damn cam phasor problem! HUGE issue on most of the 5.4's and close to 4 grand to repair. Other known issues were the fuel sending module corrosion or the blower motor resistor burn ups........I could go on but......

OP
OP
K

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yeah, he's created another YouTube channel for the ED. The name escapes me at the moment. I'll try to find it and post it up. I know he posts from time to time on the Ram 1500 diesel forum. He seems like a straight shooter...

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
Yes he's an awesome guy full of knowledge and willing to share it! Wish he worked in my city!!

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
funny

i really really reallllllly wanted a ecodiesel when i was ram shopping earlier this year

surprised he hasnt seen the one youtube video where the guy just rips the ecodiesel and lists out like 20 major problems on the truck, everything from exterior paint to interior to the diesel motor

like i was originally shopping for ED Ram and after looking for like a month or 2 just settled on a hemi because they were still quite rare (i was looking to buy this year in Jan and got my ram in March)

i realllllllly wanted the new f150 as well but everything coming to the dealers were 50k+ super loaded platinum plus bling bling of the bling trucks