Will you check your truck for a hood-fender seal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Padilen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't recall ever seeing a seal between fender and hood on any post 1950 truck or car. Why would you need one?

Don't "think" I need one, saw the post, I thought that too. My hood got replaced a year ago. If it bothered me I would have done a through investigation [emoji16]! Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErickV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
HTML:
[PHP][/PHP]
I have a picture that I took before it went to the shop where I think I can see the strip of rubber.

Did you purchase the truck new? If not, could be a previous owner that added it.

OP
OP
novelmike

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was not purchased new.
So it seems like it was added by the original owner. Why would someone feel the need of having it? I do not know. There are some marks under the hood, on the passenger side, of something rubbing. So the evidence is there, that there was something there. Just like there is now plenty of facts saying that it was not a factory part.
Thanks for the help guys!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
some f the new aluminum hoods would shake and flutter iirc, maybe someone thought the rubber seal would stop this.