Wind noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogueRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thought my driver side window was leaking air as there is an intermittent squeal coming from that side. Seems to activate based on wind speed and direction and vehicle speed. Can start to squeal as low as 10 mph. Came to find out after driving with the window down that it is the side mirror. I have the the mirrors with the turn signal and puddle lights in them. Anyone know how I can fix this. It is a very annoying squeal.

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never had that problem with my 11 and now 13, both had/have the same mirror. Sorry the only help I can give is to bump you back up to the top.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Try taping off certain areas of the mirror with painters tape and testing. Once you've narrowed down where it's coming from, you may be able to fix it.

Chris

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thought my driver side window was leaking air as there is an intermittent squeal coming from that side. Seems to activate based on wind speed and direction and vehicle speed. Can start to squeal as low as 10 mph. Came to find out after driving with the window down that it is the side mirror. I have the the mirrors with the turn signal and puddle lights in them. Anyone know how I can fix this. It is a very annoying squeal.

The noise may actually be a door seal issue from an inadequate amount of "stickum" being used to secure it to the door. Went through that issue with our 2012.