Wiring Question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Day all...

I could have sworn I read on here that the hot wire for the cargo lamp (2014) was tan with a white stripe.

Anyway, the pics are from the driver's side harness. Does anyone know which one is the cargo lamp wire?

I am wanting to tap into it as a trigger wire for a relay for a lighting project....Thanks in advance!!

28342505171_037b265822_k.jpg

28388552416_6e933de20b_k.jpg

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Technically that wire in your picture would be tan with a white tracer.

The cargo lamp "should be" white with tan tracer. If you really want to know for sure if that's it, use a multimeter and check for continuity between the wire there and the cargo lamp.

Where exactly is that connector? Looks like it's driver side instrument panel behind the end cap trim? If so then it's possible that's not it, that may be for the audio system, specifically the tan/wt would be the left rear speaker.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah man. Me and my infinite wisdom.....

I had tan/white in my head. I thought maybe that harness had it but alas, I was incorrect.

Tomorrow I will check in the door sill on the drivers side rear. How hard are the sills to pop off?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah man. Me and my infinite wisdom.....

I had tan/white in my head. I thought maybe that harness had it but alas, I was incorrect.

Tomorrow I will check in the door sill on the drivers side rear. How hard are the sills to pop off?

The door sills just pop off, give em a little tug.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The door sills just pop off, give em a little tug.

If I remember correctly, on the CC there is an additional piece or two of trim that needs to come off before the sill piece can come off, but yes, they pop right out.

White wire, tan strip.