Would You Buy RAM Again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I'll be ordering a 2018 as soon as thy open it up. I had a 2002 1500 with the 4.7l and other than being a tad under powered it was a great truck. My step son totaled it five years ago and when I went to get my stuff out of it/say goodbye I couldn't believe how clean the undercarriage was. Ten years of Indiana weather and not a speck of rust or any significant mechanical issues in 125k miles.

Bought a 2012 in Aug of 2013 and it's been great. My wife never cared for the 2002 much but she's taken over the 2012 so I'm buying myself another one.

My best friend has a 2014 F150 Eco and it's a great truck. I can't really find much about it that I don't like, I just like Rams better. There is nothing about the GMC/Chevrolet trucks that I find appealing. My Dad gets pissed when I buy Ram and my Brother buys Fords because his father and his father in law both retired from GM but I just can't see buying a truck I don't like. GM is no longer the company those great men retired from anyway.

Last edited:

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm only 2 months into my first Ram (and first truck) ownership. I researched for a long time before getting the Ram. When I first started to look, it was my first choice. I had a Chrysler 300 Hemi, and I'm drawn to the Hemi engine and only the Ram has it. The more I researched, the more I realized that no matter what truck you buy, each brand comes with it's own laundry list of "issues" that get reported more than once. There was nothing about the Ram versus any other pickup that deterred me from it. Plus, from personal opinion I think it's the nicest looking truck as compared to Chevy, Ford, GMC, Toyota.

So right now, even if I find out I got a lemon, I would but another one. It's my feeling with vehicles that it's 2 strikes you're out. It's such an expensive investment that if I had a problematic same vehicle a 2nd time I would move on from it.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm only 2 months into my first Ram (and first truck) ownership. I researched for a long time before getting the Ram. When I first started to look, it was my first choice. I had a Chrysler 300 Hemi, and I'm drawn to the Hemi engine and only the Ram has it. The more I researched, the more I realized that no matter what truck you buy, each brand comes with it's own laundry list of "issues" that get reported more than once. There was nothing about the Ram versus any other pickup that deterred me from it. Plus, from personal opinion I think it's the nicest looking truck as compared to Chevy, Ford, GMC, Toyota.

So right now, even if I find out I got a lemon, I would but another one. It's my feeling with vehicles that it's 2 strikes you're out. It's such an expensive investment that if I had a problematic same vehicle a 2nd time I would move on from it.

I'm glad you understand that every manufacturer has lemons. Some people are one strike and they are done for good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel

Owned a 2016 Ecodiesel 4x4 Longhorn for 2 months now. Bought it when it was 1 year old.. I love it...

Previously owned 3 Landcruisers. Lot different than Landcruiser, but I am getting used to it. Ha!! My wife loves the Ram .

It is a lot different than the 3/4 ton Dodge, 1962 and 1969 with the slant six that my Dad had on our South Texas Ranch back then. We tried Fords and Chevys back then and Texas Hill Country tore them up!!

But main reason I bought Dodge was because of ecodiesel motor and Ramboxes..

When I am at a traffic light, and a Ford or Chevy owner is next to me and looking at my Ram, I see that they get " Rambox Envy" Hee Hee

Regards, Zale