Wwyd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As someone who works for a dealership group, I say give them a chance to fix it and then see if you can get an extended warranty on the house or at a big discount. No dealer can control these issues. Sometimes it happens. They are doing their best to fix it for you and want you, the customer, to always be happy with them so you return for future service and for your next vehicle purchase. If you have further issues after this repair, or the dealership for some reason starts getting sketchy with you, then maybe pursue lemon law replacement.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
electrical problems can be a nightmare..... So it's hard to say. but as many have stated let the dealer fix it and if it has an issue again it is just another nail in the lemon coffin. There is still something to think about though and that is with most lemon law vehicles its not a direct replacement and here in cali mileage gets prorated into the equation and you can actually lose money...

Best safest option your you that protects you with minor inconvenience if it were to happen again is the option of some kind of warranty worked out to where you are covered for as long as you have this truck or they do a buy back and replacement of equal or lesser value that you agree upon. 9100 miles isn;t that much right now to make that work for both sides. As suggested take with the district manager and see if they want to play ball or not.
Better to get that ball rolling early cause it will be harder to negotiate when you have 40k on the ODO.

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i were in that situation, i'd want it swapped out

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
do you trust the service department? that would make the decision for me.

Absolutely not, cannot be trusted. Let's be clear, dealerships bottom line is $$$$. You will get the cheapest, shady-est, lazy-est, don't give a F@&/K repair possible to get that truck out and off that lot.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think if you qualify for the lemon law in your state I would go for it. Get a new truck, just my opinion from north of the boarder

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If service can show you where it was rubbing and shorting out then I would be open to getting an extended warranty and getting it fixed. After all once the short is fixed it should be good. If can't or won't show you where it rubbed through the harness.... lemon law the sucker.

I has a hydraulic clutch line rub through on a Chevy truck. Heat shield for the Cat converter was a tad too close to the line. Sure it almost made me get into an accident, but stuff like that can happen...

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Absolutely not, cannot be trusted. Let's be clear, dealerships bottom line is $$$$. You will get the cheapest, shady-est, lazy-est, don't give a F@&/K repair possible to get that truck out and off that lot.

LOL. Wow that's painting with a pretty broad brush.
There are good and bad in any profession.
I work as a Tech. at a dealer and probably work circles around whatever you do. I have the worn out shoulders,elbows and wrists to prove it. Just got cortisone shots so I can fix cars for assholes like you a few more years.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If they swap harnesses...test EVERY function the truck has. Also get them to hook up to a scope and run every diagnostic test it has too to verify operation

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

doesn't seem to be that way at the dealership i use.

OP
OP
R

RWW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Minivan Motor
Possessed Lemon of a truck

I have a 2016 crew cab Bighorn 4x4 with 9,100 miles that has been in the shop 4x for a total of 28 days and counting. Randomly the truck just would not start. I would come out and it would be completely dead. Anyway today I got the call that the truck has a bad spot in the wiring harness. The dealer is going to replace the harness and says that will fix the problem. I have talked to a "Lemon Law" lawyer who says I have a case for a replacement vehicle. My question is this...Would you trust the truck after the repair is made? What would the pros and cons be of seeking a replacement/repurchase from FCA?

In Ohio if you take the vehicle in for the same issue 3x and it isn't fixed, or the vehicle is out of service to you for a total of 30 days, the vehicle qualifies as a "lemon".

I had this truck fixed, and it now has 14,000 miles. The issues keep on coming with this thing and Ram has told my "Lemon Lawyer" they don't/won't buy it back. Just seems like I bought a "possessed truck". A couple of issues i'm dealing with now, periodically going down the road, the truck speedometer display will go from MPH to Kilometers after hitting a ripple in the road also the headlights will flicker off and on. 2x the drivers side window (auto up/down feature) has started going down and just stopped1/2 to 3/4 of the way down. Periodically the truck will say it's NOT in park when it clearly is. The truck has the front sensors on the bumpers, they will flash yellow (on the dash) like you are close to something with the front of the truck, even when you are NOT. Sometimes they flash red with a high pitch tone sound coming through the cab. It's frustrating to say the least. I haven't taken it back to the dealer for these other issues because I filed the paperwork to have the truck repurchased from me....I'm fed up with the truck to say the least though. I have dealt with this truck and it's issues more than any other vehicle in my life.....Ram did offer the "Lemon Lawyer" $2000 for his work and $3000 for my inconvenience.

If you buy a "BAD truck" don't expect FCA/RAM to step up and do the right thing, it appears they will fight to keep you in a vehicle that has issues.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I had a gmc that had brake problems, they would not buy it back and it was noy really safe to drive loaded down or with a trailer.

I traded it for a Ford and wont by another new gm vehicle.

OP
OP
R

RWW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Minivan Motor
I had a gmc that had brake problems, they would not buy it back and it was noy really safe to drive loaded down or with a trailer.

I traded it for a Ford and wont by another new gm vehicle.

I just keep wondering, why stick with Ram if they won't stick with me? They should acknowledge the truck is a lemon. Or maybe they have acknowledged it's a lemon by saying it's so messed up they won't buy it back?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam