1/2 drop with Crown Suspension springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dooooo!! :happy107:

13103497_10208396567545589_6169250796971102879_n_zps8kdclzc2.jpg

Wheels are in good shape. Tires are still on them but they're mostly used up. No TPMS.

Do you just have a stockpile of stock stuff laying around? :roflsquared: Where did those wheels come from? I thought you had srt reps and then some aftermarket ones?

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you just have a stockpile of stock stuff laying around? :roflsquared: Where did those wheels come from? I thought you had srt reps and then some aftermarket ones?

Uhhhhh... Sort of? Hahahaha. I tend to collect parts for my vehicles.

I sold the reps to R/T_Fire a few months back. I was using these wheels to drive around on until I found some new wheels I liked.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uhhhhh... Sort of? Hahahaha. I tend to collect parts for my vehicles.

I sold the reps to R/T_Fire a few months back. I was using these wheels to drive around on until I found some new wheels I liked.

Yup and I have still yet to paint them lol... Its nice having 2 sets of wheels.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us posted on how the Crown front springs compare to Belltech and the others... I want to get some too to replace my Belltech 2" drop, but I'd like to know how much that actually drop the front - I've heard the Crown 2" front springs don't really give you 2 inches of drop and I'm torn between getting the 2" or 3" springs.

BTW - I can tell you that the springs ship fast - I ordered on a Monday and had them at my house by Thursday...

I'm still on the fence with what I'm going to. If I drop to a 20" wheel and low pro-tire combo I may go lower than a 3-5 drop, 2" from spindles and 1" crown springs... May just leave it till I tear it apart and look into coilovers.. and may go talk with a shop in utah while I'm back there in a few weeks after meeting and talking with the owner this past weekend. just depends on schedule and budget and cost by the time the shop can do the work... I'm up in the air and all over the place.
Going with a Mcgaughys front system with crown springs and qa1's will set me back about 2k.. just looking to see if that is money well spent or not

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still on the fence with what I'm going to. If I drop to a 20" wheel and low pro-tire combo I may go lower than a 3-5 drop, 2" from spindles and 1" crown springs... May just leave it till I tear it apart and look into coilovers.. and may go talk with a shop in utah while I'm back there in a few weeks after meeting and talking with the owner this past weekend. just depends on schedule and budget and cost by the time the shop can do the work... I'm up in the air and all over the place.
Going with a Mcgaughys front system with crown springs and qa1's will set me back about 2k.. just looking to see if that is money well spent or not

Are QA1's worth the money? Are they even monotube? I thought that twin tubes were considered junk and the QA1's are twin tube.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are QA1's worth the money? Are they even monotube? I thought that twin tubes were considered junk and the QA1's are twin tube.

From what I have read they are a good upgrade, better than stock and better than Belltech's performance shock for a performance oriented driver or build.

But I'm still kicking around the idea of custom adjustable coilovers and 2k gets me closer to that... I'm still researching and reading and thinking before I make a decision on what direction I'm going... Daily driver I'd go spindles and springs, race oriented and streetable I'm leaning more coilovers. Its alot of money to just toss out there. Why must I always buy the vehicles that do not have a huge aftermarket behind them so everything good needs to be custom :roflsquared:

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I met a guy last weekend that has the Crown 2/4 drop springs and has also had the belltech kit. I talked to him about the differences and how he like it compared to the belltech.

Basically, he loves the crown springs. He says they handle WAY better than the belltech. I looked at the truck and the rears are the two stage progressive like the OEM's.

He's trading the truck back in like a month, so I'm trying to convince him to sell me his springs.

Do you know anything about the front springs? 20% stiffer as well?

Based on what I have been reading in this thread I may want to get a crown springs 2/3 drop. So far in terms of driveability I think the belltech 2/4 drop is not great. I have driven cars that were lowered and I did not hit the bump stops like I do with the belltech 2/4....