2012 R/T lowered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well after a month of having the truck I finally lowered it. It was pretty easy but having never lowered a truck before and not having the right tools I could not get the stock shocks out to put the street performance ones I have but here it is

Before
c6e4d9a0-c18b-7454.jpg

c6e4d9a0-c1a4-366a.jpg

After
c6e4d9a0-c1be-338c.jpg

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
looks good now wash it lol. what kit did you go with?

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! Did you get your truck from Texas Direct Auto?

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
wait you took off the front end to get the springs in but could not replace the shocks im confused lol.
If you mean the rear shocks just remove the wheel well lining and the bolt is right there.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
wait you took off the front end to get the springs in but could not replace the shocks im confused lol.
If you mean the rear shocks just remove the wheel well lining and the bolt is right there.

Yea after I had given up I thought about taking off the wheel lining but even then it seemed like the sockets I had would not fit they were too long and were not grabbing the nut on the inside right

SeaSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great. What Kit did you use. My ******* is puckered as I am doing mine this week. I went with the BellTeck kit with Street Performance shocks and a Hellweg rear sway bar. I hope I chose the right brand of kit. Already second guessing my decision.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks great. What Kit did you use. My ******* is puckered as I am doing mine this week. I went with the BellTeck kit with Street Performance shocks and a Hellweg rear sway bar. I hope I chose the right brand of kit. Already second guessing my decision.

Actually no kit it's stock springs cut that I got from outlaw trucker and street performance shocks that have not gone in yet and I bought some bell tech end links for the sway bar

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Dude, the rear shocks are a *****! The upper bolt is like right on the bed frame bottom supports making it difficult to wrench on.

El phono

Yup that's why I couldn't get them done specially with having limited tools so I might have to get someone to put them on for me

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You'll need two ratchets and an extension with a deep well socket for the inner nut above the frame.

OP
OP
SILVER_BULLET

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone know what tool I can use to take the bolt that holds the end link to the sway bar? It looks weird kinda like the wheel locks that the rims come with

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
looks really good man! what did you go with the 2/4? im planning on doig a 2/4 before this show local to me on july 22nd!