2015 Sport Crew Cab 2wd 2/3 drop wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlynDutchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I want to lower the truck 2/3 since I still use it to haul stuff once in a while. I plan on keeping the stock Sport wheels for now and don't want them to stick out. So the spindles are out of the question, since the stock Sport wheels are already slightly outside the wheel wells.

1. Is going with 2" front springs and 2" rear springs than cutting half a coil the best option? Ground Force is out of the question since their pricing is ridiculous.

2. I was considering the 2/4 spring kit but from what I have read (at least on the BellTech kit) is that the rear will sit slightly lower than the front once it settles. Is this the same issue on the McGaughy Kit?

3. Why does BT supply a plate that needs to be installed after cutting a support for driveshaft clearance while MG does not?

4. If I go 3' in the rear will I still need a Spohn Adj. Pan hard Bar and anything else (like adjustable upper ball joints or Adj upper and lower arms) other than alignment.

5. Anyone else having vibration issues at 80+? Stock Suspension, Stock tires, stock wheels, no cupping on tires and truck was re-aligned at dealer to proper spec at 1000 miles. My GMC did the same thing and after 9 attempts to fix it, GM had to buy it back. Love the Ram and willing to work to resolve it.

Came from the GM side and have used Ground Force, BellTech and McGaughy's on those trucks. But it seems like the Ram needs a lot more to lower and perform properly.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am trying to get some clarification so I can pull the trigger and get the right product for my wants/needs the first time. I am new on this forum and appreciate any and all input.

Attachments

• IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 179

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What finish on your rims? Satin, Gloss, Matte?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What finish on your rims? Satin, Gloss, Matte?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rust-Oleum Peel Coat Satin Graphite with PlastiDip Glossifier over the top. Still has a Satin finish. I wanted something similar to the Graphite Hellcat wheel finish I have seen. They look better in person and seem to hold up pretty well. Besides I wasn't 100% sure I would like the look and for about $20 and a few hours of work I am very happy with the results. I like it enough that if I keep the stock Sport wheels I will probably have them Powdercoated this color. I forgot where I got the Peel Coat but it was either O'Reilly's or AutoZone or both. I have also come across PlastiDip spray at Lowes and there is a site called DipYourCar that specializes in PlastiDip spray in multiple colors.

Here is their website;
https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/true-metallic

The trick to using this stuff is;

1. The wheels have to be clean (I used a strong dish soap solution as it is a great degreaser that won't hurt your wheel finish and rinsed it multiple times)
2. The wheels have to be dry, no moisture on them at all.
3. Put multiple thin coats of the Plasti spray on and then 2 medium-heavy coats. This will help prevent runs and make it easy to peel off later if you want to change the wheel color.

Here are pictures of the stuff I used and a close up of the wheel color (it has a slight metallic finish).

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    FullSizeRender 3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 78
  • FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 77