2/4 belltech drop ride is starting to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d_korecky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt would that be what a lot of guys are having this issue with be from? Not actually cutting the front cups?

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a set of bell tech proformance shock that I haven't installed yet, I guess I'll be putting them in within the next few days and take it from there, I'm planning on getting lowering spindles so I really don't want to cut my stock bump stop cups hopefully the shocks will fix the ride

You will always have problems until you cut those cups off. I dont run any bumpstops in the front and the rears are cut. Im lower than you and louisiana has ****** roads.

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It riding on the bump stops means the springs have settled and has nothing to do with shocks. Did you cut the stock front bumpstop cups off, or just press the bumpstop in the cup?

I did it just like belltech says to do, pretty sure it said to cut the fronts, I remember cutting one set of them

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Matt would that be what a lot of guys are having this issue with be from? Not actually cutting the front cups?

Cutting the bumpstop cups off up front only prevents and harsh bottoming out on bigger dips. Springs are going to settle regardless of the brand or whether you have bumpstops installed or not.