2/4 belltech lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmedina11rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got my RT lowered 2/4 with the belltech & the front tires have a camber going on does anyone know how to fix that ?

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get a alignment done after the lowering kit was installed? If not then that should solve your problem.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
J

Jmedina11rt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to a shop & they told me I had to get a longer control arm

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd check around at a different shop. I've not heard of anybody having to change any major front suspension components for a 2/4 drop.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They're technically correct.

You need longer control arms to fully correct the geometry from lowering the truck.

That said, there are plenty of people rolling around without longer arms that seems to like it.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is all you need to correct the issue
MOOG-K100115 - Front Upper Ball Joint - Adjustable made by MOOG

The problem is that there isn't enough adjustment in the OEM upper ball joint.
I'm a fan of replacing the upper A-arm but its not necessary and I don't think anyone even produces a A-arm that is designed for a 2-4 drop. There are some for 4x4's but I'm not sure if anyone has tried to see if the geometry is correct with the drop. Plus these will prob be cheaper

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is all you need to correct the issue
MOOG-K100115 - Front Upper Ball Joint - Adjustable made by MOOG

The problem is that there isn't enough adjustment in the OEM upper ball joint.
I'm a fan of replacing the upper A-arm but its not necessary and I don't think anyone even produces a A-arm that is designed for a 2-4 drop. There are some for 4x4's but I'm not sure if anyone has tried to see if the geometry is correct with the drop. Plus these will prob be cheaper

If and when I decide to do a 3/5 drop I'll be installing the adjustable upper front ball joint.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If and when I decide to do a 3/5 drop I'll be installing the adjustable upper front ball joint.

I have about a 3/5 on mine with OEM ball joints, as it sits its about .65 degrees out of whack. With where I plan to take the truck I am looking into making a set of adjustable upper A-Arms, Not sure if I will run these that are capable of 3 degrees adjustment or not, kinda figure its just easier to have a adjustable a-arm... prob can build it for about the same cost as I was quoted for a set of balljoints.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have about a 3/5 on mine with OEM ball joints, as it sits its about .65 degrees out of whack. With where I plan to take the truck I am looking into making a set of adjustable upper A-Arms, Not sure if I will run these that are capable of 3 degrees adjustment or not, kinda figure its just easier to have a adjustable a-arm... prob can build it for about the same cost as I was quoted for a set of balljoints.

That's an awesome idea maybe I should look into doing that instead.
local shop making them up for you? are you getting after market arms?
can you please let me know what brand arms your getting...
TIA

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's an awesome idea maybe I should look into doing that instead.
local shop making them up for you? are you getting after market arms?
can you please let me know what brand arms your getting...
TIA

I have looked and the only ones I find are about $700 and for a lifted 4x4 and non adjustable. I think they were trail ready or something like that.

An I was planning on making them myself using some larger rod ends from ballistic fab ( Ballistic Fabrication - Manufacturers of Precision Offroad Fabrication Supplies )and some 1" DOM tubing bent up with a center gusset.

Something like this ( Forged Ballistic Rod End ) at the frame mount at each part of the hoop, then a plate gusset with a piece of tub perpendicular to the arm tubing that the ball joint mounts to in the center.. obviously with the right caster.

Similar to these. http://www.code510.com/media/catalo...r-a-arms-umi-performance-2310-camaro-arms.jpg

Not really 100% sure on the design or if it will even work but the concept in my head works well.. lol

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh and the custom fab shop that is supposed to be doing my exhaust soon soea alot of custom bag and suspension fab.... might talk to them about making a set though... I'll keep ya updated once I do it or find anything out

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh and the custom fab shop that is supposed to be doing my exhaust soon soea alot of custom bag and suspension fab.... might talk to them about making a set though... I'll keep ya updated once I do it or find anything out

awesome !
you are right adjustable upper control arms are expensive :jawdrop:

PRO-SERIES MID-TRAVEL UPPER ARMS | 2009-2016 RAM 1500 2WD - CST Performance Suspension
275-1561.jpg

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
awesome !
you are right adjustable upper control arms are expensive :jawdrop:

PRO-SERIES MID-TRAVEL UPPER ARMS | 2009-2016 RAM 1500 2WD - CST Performance Suspension
275-1561.jpg

Yeah they are.... Well if I get to it I'll design them on the good ole CAD and can send you the plans to give to a fab shop to make your own for alot cheaper then $900... looking at them there is probably about $30 in steel (less if tube is used) , depending on cost from the steel supplier they would charge $40-100 to laser cut them..
and about $50-80 bucks for rod ends and some time on the welder...

I'm guessing I can make myself a set for about $250... plus the ball joints....
I was quoted the adjustable 3 degree units at $150 each... even though the link I posted said $80ish.

I didn't think about using a boxed design... might add that to the list ofthings to put on the drawing board. It will be awhile before I get to this... I may have a design before I have a actual physical unit fabbed... I'll have way more time in it than but to me my time is free. its all part of the hobby.

But with all the horrible camber lowering kits out there I'm willing to bet I can make a little back if I have a good product, and being really good friends with a professional welder that I have saved his life a few times he is always up for helping me create things and business for him and me....

Just keep pushing me to follow through please :roflsquared:

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just keep pushing me to follow through please :roflsquared:

:roflbow:

seriously you could make some $$$ if you produce an adjustable control arm. I rather have an adjustable upper control arm than that adjustable ball joint.

If You Build It, They Will Come...:naughty:

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi

what are your measurements from the ground to the middle of each fender if you don't mind me asking:favorites13:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what are your measurements from the ground to the middle of each fender if you don't mind me asking:favorites13:

Front is 32.25" from ground
Rear is 33.5" from ground

These were taken with 285/45R22's with about 20% tread left. and I'm not sitting 100% level rear dif is cocked a little but its a pretty close on the rear dimension...

I'd love for someone with the same size wheel and tire with a 2/s drop on a regular cab to do the same measurement to the center of the arch in the wheel well

DERJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Front is 32.25" from ground
Rear is 33.5" from ground

These were taken with 285/45R22's with about 20% tread left. and I'm not sitting 100% level rear dif is cocked a little but its a pretty close on the rear dimension...

I'd love for someone with the same size wheel and tire with a 2/s drop on a regular cab to do the same measurement to the center of the arch in the wheel well

I have the Belltech 2/4 on my reg cab sitting on RT stock wheels/tires - I measured at 33.25" in front and 34.25" in the rear.