2/4 beltech lowering kit any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I've been on the fence about lowering my truck ever since I got it. I have a lowered car so I was content for a while but somedays I like my stance the truck has now. Then somedays I'm like damn this thing needs a drop..lol

Well came across the a 2/4 beltech lowering kit cheap on craiglist.

Is this a good kit?
Anything else I will need, sway bars, end links, pan hard bar?
I read a little bit about the tail end wag. Will I have that problem?

Really the main thing I'm worried about is the RIDE. Mine rides pretty stiff with the 22s and if it rides any worse being dropped I will be pretty upset..lol

Thanks
Steven

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of guys report that ride is similar to factory... I think the ride is a little harsher than stock, but not bad at all.
You don't "need" all of the other components. I could not have lived with the axle being pulled forward so that is why I did the Spohn control arms along with the kit. If your truck doesn't have the rear sway bar, I would get that for sure.

All the other parts that I've added are just for fun! :naughty:

Attachments

• aLowering List.JPG
    aLowering List.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 133

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's a good deal, I say buy it & install it. If you don't like the ride you can always go back to stock and resell the parts and recoup your money.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I've seen what you have David.. Can't afford all that..lol

Will I need the better end links and adjustable pan hard bar to fix the rear end alignment?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I've seen what you have David.. Can't afford all that..lol

Will I need the better end links and adjustable pan hard bar to fix the rear end alignment?

I wasn't trying to tell you to buy ALL of it, just a list to pick and choose from. :)

You don't need the end links, the BT supplied ones are fine. You don't need the adj panhard bar, because the kit comes with a bracket to (more or less) center the rear.

If I was you, I'd get the most basic of kits (even run factory shocks) and build on it if you find problem areas or weaknesses.

stungeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ride is good. The only thing I don't like is the tire rub when i turn the wheel sharp.

russdog5681

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been on the fence about lowering my truck ever since I got it. I have a lowered car so I was content for a while but somedays I like my stance the truck has now. Then somedays I'm like damn this thing needs a drop..lol

Well came across the a 2/4 beltech lowering kit cheap on craiglist.

Is this a good kit?
Anything else I will need, sway bars, end links, pan hard bar?
I read a little bit about the tail end wag. Will I have that problem?

Really the main thing I'm worried about is the RIDE. Mine rides pretty stiff with the 22s and if it rides any worse being dropped I will be pretty upset..lol

Thanks
Steven

I know what you mean, Steve-O. I've been back and forth about lowering, as well. I might run stock for a few months and THEN take the plunge. We'll see...stock ride quality is great!

Russ

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciated the stock ride quality too, but the stock cornering and overall handling sucked for a wanna-be street fighter, lol!

If you want to be able to yank the steering wheel into a turn and be surprised (shocked) by how fast and controlled you just took that corner in a 5,500 +/- tank, then lower it. If you want to take a bend on the freeway at 100mph and be firmly planted like it's on rails, then lower it. Trust me, it's exhilarating when you carve the canyons in a truck as if it's a sports car...

Some guys like to make their trucks go fast in a straight line, but that's not for me. I would rather have a truck that holds it's own on a road coarse! :naughty:

That's my sermon for the day... Please stand and sing Amazing Grace, lol!

Edit: On a side note, Steven you've been talking about lowering your truck as long as I have been on RF!!! Let's DO THIS already!!! When are you gonna visit your parents again?? I think you need to drive my truck so you can make a damn decision, lol!

Last edited:

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
David do you partake in road racing or autox?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David do you partake in road racing or autox?

Not in any organized way, lol... I do a fair amount of canyon carving and my daily driving style is spirited (my friends and family say insane). Once I get my suspension issues squared away, I am gonna do a track day at a road coarse not far from me.

SoCal has some amazing canyon drives, too. When Unbroken was living out here I sent him to drive Los Angeles Forest Highway (locally known as Angeles Crest) with his beast, and he was blown away by it!

I am also an avid motor sports fan, two and four wheels: F1, Rally, MotoGP, World Superbike, etc..

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasn't trying to tell you to buy ALL of it, just a list to pick and choose from. :)

You don't need the end links, the BT supplied ones are fine. You don't need the adj panhard bar, because the kit comes with a bracket to (more or less) center the rear.

If I was you, I'd get the most basic of kits (even run factory shocks) and build on it if you find problem areas or weaknesses.

That's good to hear..Don't want to spend countless money on my daily driver.

Ride is good. The only thing I don't like is the tire rub when i turn the wheel sharp.

I'm thinking I might be ok. My rims with adapters have a pretty low offset

I know what you mean, Steve-O. I've been back and forth about lowering, as well. I might run stock for a few months and THEN take the plunge. We'll see...stock ride quality is great!

Russ

Yup, every time I see a lowered ram around town I get the itch but then forget about it.. lol

I appreciated the stock ride quality too, but the stock cornering and overall handling sucked for a wanna-be street fighter, lol!

If you want to be able to yank the steering wheel into a turn and be surprised (shocked) by how fast and controlled you just took that corner in a 5,500 +/- tank, then lower it. If you want to take a bend on the freeway at 100mph and be firmly planted like it's on rails, then lower it. Trust me, it's exhilarating when you carve the canyons in a truck as if it's a sports car...

Some guys like to make their trucks go fast in a straight line, but that's not for me. I would rather have a truck that holds it's own on a road coarse! :naughty:

That's my sermon for the day... Please stand and sing Amazing Grace, lol!

Edit: On a side note, Steven you've been talking about lowering your truck as long as I have been on RF!!! Let's DO THIS already!!! When are you gonna visit your parents again?? I think you need to drive my truck so you can make a damn decision, lol!

See, I love corners too. But my GTP has a full suspension on it. Adjustable Struts, lowered, sway bars, trailing arms, strut tower braces etc. So I know big boat of a truck will never hang with it. lol

But I could imagine your RC drivers pretty damn nice.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not in any organized way, lol... I do a fair amount of canyon carving and my daily driving style is spirited (my friends and family say insane). Once I get my suspension issues squared away, I am gonna do a track day at a road coarse not far from me.

SoCal has some amazing canyon drives, too. When Unbroken was living out here I sent him to drive Los Angeles Forest Highway (locally known as Angeles Crest) with his beast, and he was blown away by it!

I am also an avid motor sports fan, two and four wheels: F1, Rally, MotoGP, World Superbike, etc..

How far away is that from Rancho Santa Margarita?

I need to take my dads Trans Am on that road next time I'm in California.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How far away is that from Rancho Santa Margarita?

I need to take my dads Trans Am on that road next time I'm in California.

It's about 60 miles away... One of my favorite drives/rides on earth. Tons of turns, a few good straights, too, where I used to open the Ducati up to 160 mph. :naughty:
Plus, it's beautiful and scenic.

Attachments

• 51-Angeles-Crest-Highway.jpg
    51-Angeles-Crest-Highway.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 146_0909_01_z+wheelspin+angeles_crest_highway.jpg
    146_0909_01_z+wheelspin+angeles_crest_highway.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 2009-12-07-mroad.jpg
    2009-12-07-mroad.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 58
  • open_ach_2.jpg
    open_ach_2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 58

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I thought it would be neat to see a truck on a road course with euro and jdm cars lol

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dude, we have to go next time I'm out there. My DAD would love it, one of the reason he bought it.

We put sway bars, sub from connectors, pan hard bar, trailing arms, STB and new tires. So it's ready to go.

He has been on that road that goes over the mountains to temecula, but this road sounds better.

106.1392997132416.954D9994335B4D2889836A8A65FBED19.jpg

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude, we have to go next time I'm out there. My DAD would love it, one of the reason he bought it.

We put sway bars, sub from connectors, pan hard bar, trailing arms, STB and new tires. So it's ready to go.

He has been on that road that goes over the mountains to temecula, but this road sounds better.

106.1392997132416.954D9994335B4D2889836A8A65FBED19.jpg

Definitely! That Trans Am would be FUUUUUUUUNNNN!!! Drift the back end out a little bit coming out of the turns???!!! **** yeah!

I'll bring my truck and install my "other" HF tune... the one that lights up my dash like a Christmas tree! ;)

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hell yeah man. That sounds like a blast. Will definitely let you know when I get out there gain.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BlownGP;1089024 Really the main thing I'm worried about is the RIDE. Mine rides pretty stiff with the 22s and if it rides any worse being dropped I will be pretty upset..lol Thanks Steven[/QUOTE said:
Mine rides nice not stiff but firm decent roads there isn't an issue rough ****** roads I bottom out and it hammers the suspension. Mine is also a regular cab.... Yours would only be smoother with the longer wheelbase. I still want to do stuff to change the Susp just cause I can't leave things along

Taylorbrt4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would it be my best bet to upgrade suspension once 2/4 drop has been installed with 305/40r22s?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye