2/4 drop is a little low up front...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What type of truck? I'll probably be ordering some Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front and rear pretty soon. The only gripe I have with this new setup is the front suspension will "top out" on big, sharp drops. I have plenty of up travel but the springs are so stiff that it sags very little with the weight of the truck. I'm hoping some better shocks can help out with this since they tend to have slower rebound. We'll see. It's easy to live with though especially coming from being lowered.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What type of truck? I'll probably be ordering some Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front and rear pretty soon. The only gripe I have with this new setup is the front suspension will "top out" on big, sharp drops. I have plenty of up travel but the springs are so stiff that it sags very little with the weight of the truck. I'm hoping some better shocks can help out with this since they tend to have slower rebound. We'll see. It's easy to live with though especially coming from being lowered.
Another single cab 4th gen.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe you could get your hands on some crew cab front springs. Cut them down to an acceptable lowering height and go from there? They are definitely stiffer.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe you could get your hands on some crew cab front springs. Cut them down to an acceptable lowering height and go from there? They are definitely stiffer.
I don't think they're stiffer, I think they're longer.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think they're stiffer, I think they're longer.

You don't know!! :roflsquared: I do know that the front of my truck is much stiffer riding than the rear of my truck. That's just that cajun knowledge in me though. I'll have to go back a few pages to see if you mentioned stock springs in your spring rate posts.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You don't know!! :roflsquared: I do know that the front of my truck is much stiffer riding than the rear of my truck. That's just that cajun knowledge in me though. I'll have to go back a few pages to see if you mentioned stock springs in your spring rate posts.
Well yea, front springs are stiffer because the front of the vehicle is heavier, especially if you're in the progressive range on the rear springs

mikennrg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

More rebound dampening will only do so much to help a lack of negative travel. Ideally a suspension system should sag down 15-20% of overall travel.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd love to build a prerunner, but I'm not gonna spend $7,500 on suspension.