2/4 drop is a little low up front...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No argument there.

I could sell my belltech and QA1 setup and probably get close to a grand all said and done. I could also probably find a controller, compressor, and tank a lot cheaper than there.

In the end though, That's spending a lot of money, and it's money I could be spending on the race car... I'd much rather find a cheap fix like using Crew cab springs or 2500 springs if possible.

I may yet look into the air system, but it's going to be awhile before I actually would get it. Too many things to buy for the Z06.

I think any other option is custom fab stuff.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not doing that lol.

Any crew cab guys wanna go a little lower up front? I'll swap you springs lol.

Someone has to have the spring rates out there...
I wish I knew someone with a car balance scale to measure the weight per wheel to help better figure out what a good spring rate should be to find what is out there instead of the trial and error approach

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
$900 for the front springs and shocks.
$400 for the rear springs.
$250 minimum for the rear shocks. Up to $800 for the best ones. I like the $350 ones.
$1,200 minimum for the control unit because you have to have the larger tank on a truck. Up to $2,000 for the unit that I want.

That's $2,750 at a minimum and $3,650 for the setup I'd like to have. If you add in the auto leveling that puts you over 4k.

Their prices have come down a little bit since I last looked, but it's still a lot.

That was one reason I've been pestering the **** out of Belltech for spring rates. If I can see what the difference is, I can make some meaningful comparisons.

Well they are different part numbers for a reason. The cc and qc share the same springs. All of the cc's around here are lower than me with the same springs. Based on the weight difference i would think you get about 1/2" less drop than me with the same springs. I often wonder why people dont just try installing a set of rc springs on a 4 dr instead of cutting for a 3/5.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
FINALLY heard back from Belltech on the spring rates.

Regular cab:
Rear Springs: 5317 progressive springs
rate 1: 88 lbs in.
rate 2: 225 lbs in.
Front Springs: 4762
rate: 800 lbs in.

Extended and crew cab:

Rear Springs: 5318 progressive
rate 1: 120 lbs in.
rate 2: 225 lbs in.
Front Springs: 4763
rate: 800 lbs in.

So basically the regular cab and the crew cab use the same lowering springs up front from Belltech, at least spring rate wise. I'm still waiting to hear from them on the free length of the springs.

I still don't have anything on the factory spring rate or length either.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Okay, got some interesting information from Moog. I checked with them on their 81180 part number, which is a factory replacement for the front springs in a 2008 regular cab Ram. As far as I know, the 2008 front suspension is the same as the 2014. That's what I've been told by several sources.

So here's the interesting part. The driver and passenger springs are different.

Driver Spring
Spring ID: 4.025"
Wire Diameter: 0.812"
Free Height: 16.34"
Spring Rate: 692 lb/in
Compressed length: 12"
Compressed Load: 3003 lb

Passenger Spring
Spring ID: 4.025"
Wire Diameter: 0.812"
Free Height: 16.71"
Spring Rate: 692 lb/in
Compressed length: 12"
Compressed Load: 3256 lb

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
?

Don't know if this helps you but check out crown suspension they say there springs are guaranteed not to sag and made out of better spring steel then there competitors

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't know if this helps you but check out crown suspension they say there springs are guaranteed not to sag and made out of better spring steel then there competitors

I'm curious as to what their rates are, as it appears they use the same spring for all cab configurations.

Also curious on the compressed #'s from one side to the other... might explain why its always the right side that bottoms out not the left.

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure

Not sure I didn't contact them as I need the whole sahbang and there kits don't come with track bar relocator or bump stops but there springs are intriguing

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So in theory I could run rear springs for a regular cab on my crew cab and get a little more drop out back?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like said, maybe try the Crown or Ground force front springs.

I know the ground force ones are not gonna be as low as the BT, and they're prolly better quality, too.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I sent them an email about their springs a few days ago. As soon as I hear back I'll post the info here.
I'm curious as to what their rates are, as it appears they use the same spring for all cab configurations.

Also curious on the compressed #'s from one side to the other... might explain why its always the right side that bottoms out not the left.

So in theory I could run rear springs for a regular cab on my crew cab and get a little more drop out back?
Probably. My rear springs are almost fully compressed on the lesser spring rate part. On the quad cab they may be fully compressed all the time.

I know the ground force ones are not gonna be as low as the BT, and they're prolly better quality, too.
Yea soon as I hear something I may order a set. We shall see.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got a little more info on the belltech springs:

Their free lengths are reference and/or minimum so they are not exact.

5317 15.5” Min. 16.25" Ref.
4762 12.75" Min 13.60" Ref

5318 16.0" Min. 16.5" Ref
4763 13.2" Min 14.10" Ref.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think i'm going to look into these... I wish t wasn't so hard to find the info while laying out a design or build plan.... or maybe its just the over planning architect/engineer in me that causes the not happy and the how to make it better side

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think i'm going to look into these... I wish t wasn't so hard to find the info while laying out a design or build plan.... or maybe its just the over planning architect/engineer in me that causes the not happy and the how to make it better side
Belltech told me that I'm the only person they've ever had complain about their installation instructions and the scraping.

Yea, that's because I have high expectations. You tell me to use a pickle fork to seperate my top ball joint, I'm gonna do that. They should know if it's going to damage the boot around the joint, that's not my job.

They also should design a suspension that doesn't rub.

These are simple requirements.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Belltech told me that I'm the only person they've ever had complain about their installation instructions and the scraping.

Yea, that's because I have high expectations. You tell me to use a pickle fork to seperate my top ball joint, I'm gonna do that. They should know if it's going to damage the boot around the joint, that's not my job.

They also should design a suspension that doesn't rub.

These are simple requirements.

I have called belltech about several different things. They are no help. If you mention wobble, they give the same reply everytime. Their speedlimit is 65 mph so they cant help if we have wobble at speeds higher than that.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have called belltech about several different things. They are no help. If you mention wobble, they give the same reply everytime. Their speedlimit is 65 mph so they cant help if we have wobble at speeds higher than that.
Sounds about right lol. They offered to buy my lowering kit back from me. We'll see how that works out. Probably going to be a joke of an amount.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

They actually told you that? Wow... Should tell them that the speed limit is 75-80 in Utah where their kit is sold and or used and see what they say...

The more I read and hear about their products the less I like them as a company and the more I look at the parts and learn about the kits the less I like them as a product and company... I will eventually be removing the belltech kit from my truck to get something dialed in right. but thats later down the road once my shop is built. which I'm hoping to do this winter if Baby doesn't suck up the shop budget.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They actually told you that? Wow... Should tell them that the speed limit is 75-80 in Utah where their kit is sold and or used and see what they say...

The more I read and hear about their products the less I like them as a company and the more I look at the parts and learn about the kits the less I like them as a product and company... I will eventually be removing the belltech kit from my truck to get something dialed in right. but thats later down the road once my shop is built. which I'm hoping to do this winter if Baby doesn't suck up the shop budget.

Yea, belltech isn't really great stuff. They look cool but the performance is ****.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not impressed with performance wise of it, it rides good (at least mine does) But at the same time I can't fault them too much cause its not sold as a performance lowering kit. I'd say it rides better than stock but does not meet my performance requirements.

Lucky for me it was on the truck at time of purchase, and I only paid 17k for the Little R/T so money wise I'd say it was a good buy and leaves room for changing out the susp. like I had in the plans and budget to do anyway.
just looking for which way to go and I'm leaning more to a spindle drop with a performance spring (which doesn't exist).

Once I get my Jeep and the shop built and set up I may go the custom route and see how a coilover from ridetech designed for a chevy or ford can work its way into the front end design of the ram... but thats all ideas for now.