2/4 drop is a little low up front...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm not impressed with performance wise of it, it rides good (at least mine does) But at the same time I can't fault them too much cause its not sold as a performance lowering kit. I'd say it rides better than stock but does not meet my performance requirements.

Lucky for me it was on the truck at time of purchase, and I only paid 17k for the Little R/T so money wise I'd say it was a good buy and leaves room for changing out the susp. like I had in the plans and budget to do anyway.
just looking for which way to go and I'm leaning more to a spindle drop with a performance spring (which doesn't exist).

Once I get my Jeep and the shop built and set up I may go the custom route and see how a coilover from ridetech designed for a chevy or ford can work its way into the front end design of the ram... but thats all ideas for now.

If I wanted to pony up a bunch of cash I'd just get some custom spindles built that were lowered. Then get a stiffer spring made at the factory length. That's the way to go short of custom made coilovers.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As it sits I'm going to try and find some springs that are a much higher spring rate and then get them as long as stock. Then install them and measure how many coils I need to cut to get the correct ride height

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Still waiting on more information on these springs... Trying to figure out some basic information on this stuff is ridiculously difficult. You'd think these people would happily volunteer this information, but nooooo, it has to be difficult.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still waiting on more information on these springs... Trying to figure out some basic information on this stuff is ridiculously difficult. You'd think these people would happily volunteer this information, but nooooo, it has to be difficult.

I find it so weird that they don't have that stuff available. Most car suspension companies have that info easily accessible.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I get you guys confused on a daily basis when I'm reading through threads because both of your sigs look so similar :roflsquared:

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I find it so weird that they don't have that stuff available. Most car suspension companies have that info easily accessible.
Some of them do. I had to send Belltech and moog both a couple of emails before getting a reponse. Once I did they were good about answering.

Still haven't heard back from some other companies.
I get you guys confused on a daily basis when I'm reading through threads because both of your sigs look so similar :roflsquared:

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Haha yah that's been said before. I'll have to change mine soon.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Had another issue recently...

Finally got around to centering my rear axle with my adjustable panhard bar. After I noticed that when I make left turns I get a metallic scraping/hitting noise. Climbed under the truck and the pinion flange on the axle was hitting the heat shield on the fuel tank. Bent the heat shield a little closer to the tank and problem solved.

I'm going to be taking the lowering springs off sometime this week or next and sending them back to Belltech to get tested. We'll see how that goes.

I'm also attempting to get a hold of some corner weight scales so I can accurately see what I'm working with on the weight of the truck and what my spring rates SHOULD be.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm also attempting to get a hold of some corner weight scales so I can accurately see what I'm working with on the weight of the truck and what my spring rates SHOULD be.

Keep us informed.... Ive been thinking of doing the same thing but since the race team I used to dabble with is no more I don't know where to go to find out this info. I'm kinda holding off any work and sticking to planning till I get my shop built this winter if all goes to plan

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Will do. My roommates dad races dirt cars and has some scales that should work. I'm gonna have him bring them the next time he comes by

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got the kit out and the stock stuff in. Night and day difference, the stock stuff is MUCH better.

I'll be interested too see what Belltech has to say on these springs

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I installed the Mcghaugys 2/4 economy kit on my '15 RC about 4 months ago and did not get a whole 2/4 drop. More like 1.25/2.75. It rides a little rougher than stock, but has definitely less bodyroll and better cornering performance. I though about cutting the coils to get the full 2/4, but have decided to swap them out for the Belltech 964, since I have a brand new set sitting here. I will take pictures and measurements, as well as ride quality review once I get them on.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You know Dubstep, I have an idea. This may have been covered before or be completely stupid. The 2wd trucks have different front suspension from the 4wd trucks. The 4wd trucks use a strut system while the 2wd just uses a shock and spring. My question is can these be swapped to a 2wd? I know for a fact the lower control arms are different. What about the upper control arms and spindles? I've been daydreaming about coverting my truck into a prerunner style truck lately and was wondering if I could use the LCA's from a 4wd to install some Icon or Fox coilovers. Now I'm wondering if this can be done for a better and more controlled ride on a lowered 2wd.

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You know Dubstep, I have an idea. This may have been covered before or be completely stupid. The 2wd trucks have different front suspension from the 4wd trucks. The 4wd trucks use a strut system while the 2wd just uses a shock and spring. My question is can these be swapped to a 2wd? I know for a fact the lower control arms are different. What about the upper control arms and spindles? I've been daydreaming about coverting my truck into a prerunner style truck lately and was wondering if I could use the LCA's from a 4wd to install some Icon or Fox coilovers. Now I'm wondering if this can be done for a better and more controlled ride on a lowered 2wd.

I actually looked into this at one point. The lower control arms and the spindles are indeed different.

The biggest concern I had was that the mounts for the shock/strut and the mounts for the lower control arm were different. I never confirmed this though.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually looked into this at one point. The lower control arms and the spindles are indeed different.

The biggest concern I had was that the mounts for the shock/strut and the mounts for the lower control arm were different. I never confirmed this though.

I know the lower strut mounts are different. I have no idea if the upper struts would just mount in the coil bucket. There aren't any holes there to bolt them up I believe. Holes would probably have to be drilled and hope and pray the LCA bolts in.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your going to go through that much trouble to put in struts, might as well go all the way and put in a coil over system similar to the C5 set up or the mustang II set up so commonly used in hot rods...

I still don't think it would be too difficult to make a upper a-arm that will let the coilover pass through it and have it mounted to a hoop on the frame...

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your going to go through that much trouble to put in struts, might as well go all the way and put in a coil over system similar to the C5 set up or the mustang II set up so commonly used in hot rods...

I still don't think it would be too difficult to make a upper a-arm that will let the coilover pass through it and have it mounted to a hoop on the frame...

Shouldn't you be in the lifted diesel section?:crazy:
If it could just bolt in the LCA switch would be great. I do agree with what you say though.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01