2 odd questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I may have been discussed so I'm sorry if I missed it but does a lowering kit required (or should you) adjust the headlights once it's lowered?

Also, reading on AK47bravo numerous threads and seeing that he doesn't like the ride (which is my fear as well), has anyone installed a lowering kit and just not run bump stops? would there be a detriment to not running them? The only think that comes to my mind if is the front suspension compressed to much and snaps a ball joint or tie rod. I don't plan on ever towing and if I do, I'm not afraid to get bags.

thanks for any input!

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I may have been discussed so I'm sorry if I missed it but does a lowering kit required (or should you) adjust the headlights once it's lowered?

I'm not sure it's 100% necessary? You'll know soon after its installed. Super easy to do. I did a 2/3 drop and never felt the need.

Also, reading on AK47bravo numerous threads and seeing that he doesn't like the ride (which is my fear as well), has anyone installed a lowering kit and just not run bump stops? would there be a detriment to not running them? The only think that comes to my mind if is the front suspension compressed to much and snaps a ball joint or tie rod. I don't plan on ever towing and if I do, I'm not afraid to get bags.

thanks for any input!

Ride quality is totally a personal preference. The complaints some guys post after installing a drop I find hilarious. I always thought "Did you actually think after lowing your truck that the ride would be the same or better than the OEM setup?" This is the same as guys going from the OEM 20" rims to 22" rims, yes the ride is a bit rougher because there is less rubber....

From a safety stand point I would run bump stops. Depending on how low you go try trimming them down a bit for extra clearance. On my 2/3 drop I have yet to hit the stops. Helper bags in the rear will help with ride quality. Personally I find 5-7psi to be the sweet spot.

I found the improved handling and look to be worth the marginally rougher ride.

Hope that helps...

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

thanks for any input!

1. I have only hit the front bump stops 1 time (it was a pretty hard hit). Though it is not a regular thing.

2. I hit the rear bump stops everytime I drive on virtually every bump I hit.

3. People talk about "well, it is everyone's personal preference, some people can't handle stiff rides, people do not realize how a lowered truck drives, etc."

To paint a picture for you, I grew up racing dirtbikes, autoX cars, and track days. I am very versed in the racing world. Thus I am very versed with cars with ********ly stiff suspension. Suspension WAY stiffer than these soft belltech springs. **** that you would never want to drive on the street and they still feel better than the way my truck drives.

A lot of people are not reading my post thoroughly, because if they did they would understand the issue is not that the springs are too stiff, making for a stiff ride. The problem is the springs are not stiff enough, so I literally sit on the bumpstops. So I am banging the bumpstops constantly. I can not drive any slower than I do (I.E. big bump on a 35 mph road. I slow down to like 25-28 mph) I can't go any slower than that and I can not avoid the bump.

Now from what it seems based on other peoples post, my experience is a rarity. However, others has posted similar experiences. I putting my stock control arms back on and will be running Crown suspension 1/2 coils. Hoping to have this done by Friday. I can tell you this.... No one on this forum would want to D.D. my truck with the way it drives right now. I promise you that. I am going to record a video of my hitting the bumpstops... it is ******* brutal when you hit them.

P.S. I think you should run bumpstops no matter what. (just run shorter bump stops).

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
You will likely need to re aim the lights if you do a 2/4. It's basically dropping either a t20 (or t25) torx bit or a 7-mm socket down the hole in the fender and turning one way or the other. Get on a flat surface about 25 feet from a wall. Measure from the ground up to the brightest part of the headlight directly at the truck. Go to the wall and put some tape at the same height. Make the brightest spot at or just below that tape. Keep in mind your gas level will make a slight difference as you drive.

OP
OP
Slowpar R/T

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the response guys!

Thanks for the insight AK47, still thinking I might cut the rear bump stops down a little bit...lol

Here was my thought on the head lights; technically the truck is going to be lower to the ground but the ass end is going down farther, so it would seem to me that the level itself out and won't need to be adjusted....

Last edited:

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was flashed with the brights a few tines after lowering because the headlights were pointed right in there faces.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you do a 2/4 drop, in reality, you are RAISING the aim point of the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye