2'' rear springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was looking for a while to find some sort of installation write up, then decided to just go get under the truck and check it out.

Was I right to just jack the truck up, pull the old springs out and put the new ones in?

Is that really it? Took about 15 minutes from start to end. Guess Im just scared I missed something. It looked so obvious that I went ahead and trusted myself.

To be specific, I drive a SCSB 2012 RAM RT, and the drop was just a 2'' Mcgaughy rear spring.

Did I screw up? :hmm:

mocaby73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nope you didn't screw up. I put the same springs on my 2012. I couldn't believe how easy it was either. Did you get a full 2" of drop? I forgot to measure my before but it still looks like it could come down a little.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didnt even think about measuring before. haha. I could see someone wanting it a bit lower, but im diggin the look. Its just a tiny touch higher in the rear now. Much better than the dramatic rake it had with the stock springs. Plus when I tow, or use the bed to haul, I should be ok within reason.

Im super stoked that the ride is exactly the same as before. I was expecting a bit of change for the worse, but its great! Its pretty crazy how different it looks sitting in the cab from just a 2'' drop in the rear. My girlfriend mentioned how she felt like we were ''looking up instead of down''. I did notice a tiny bit more road noise. No biggie though.

But yeah, totally easy install!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is very confidence inspiring; thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I need to check how my Airlift bags deal with towing before I suggest a drop to the boss.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
what I did to mine, but mine came with new rear shocks.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what I did to mine, but mine came with new rear shocks.

How is your ride?

Im shocked man. I honestly think the truck is handling a bit better. Ride is exactly the same. I couldnt be happier. Ive been lowered before in past vehicles with less than optimum ride afterwards.

Good times. :favorites13:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
How is your ride?

Im shocked man. I honestly think the truck is handling a bit better. Ride is exactly the same. I couldnt be happier. Ive been lowered before in past vehicles with less than optimum ride afterwards.

Good times. :favorites13:

agree, rides better than stock. :D

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is definitely a great confidence booster, thanks for the replies about the ride, it's what I've been scared of.

And blackout, I'm still interested man.
would of sold you rear springs and shocks for 120

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is definitely a great confidence booster, thanks for the replies about the ride, it's what I've been scared of.

And blackout, I'm still interested man.

are you in canada cause its going to be murder on shipping if not hit me up in a pm

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nah man, was close to you but just moved. I'll message you.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was looking for a while to find some sort of installation write up, then decided to just go get under the truck and check it out.

Was I right to just jack the truck up, pull the old springs out and put the new ones in?

Is that really it? Took about 15 minutes from start to end. Guess Im just scared I missed something. It looked so obvious that I went ahead and trusted myself.

To be specific, I drive a SCSB 2012 RAM RT, and the drop was just a 2'' Mcgaughy rear spring.

Did I screw up? :hmm:

Post up some pics!! Question about the R/T's do they sit lower than other Rams from the factory? Say for example, do they sit lower than a RCSB 4X4 Express?

Twizzy228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pics?

I've got the same truck and am debating between this and a 2/4 drop.

OP
OP
K

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Joe, I do think my R/T would be a bit lower than any 4x4 stock vs stock. Seems like all 4x4s sit a touch higher.

And i will post some pics for you guys to see as well. Im out of town till the end of the month, but I will snap some pics for ya. Ill post them up somewhere in the forum. Maybe in a gallery or something. First I have to figure out how to post pics. haha.

It looks really nice IMO. Its not a massive change, but it does exactly what I was looking for. Subtlety is the name of the game for me.

-Arana-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed mine the same way it literally took 25-30 mins to do and in a few miles it will settle a lil more I personally still want a 2/4 drop