3/5 drop guys...what's your measurements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went back to stock for now until I can source a proper set of springs. I may just end up doing airbags since I can adjust the spring rate on them and a "custom" airbag setup really isn't that expensive compared to a custom coilover setup.

Hows the ride with the stock stuff back in? Plush? Or just as ****** but just taller? I'm planning on getting a new vehicle in a few months and I'm deciding on whether or not I should put my stock stuff back on.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hows the ride with the stock stuff back in? Plush? Or just as ****** but just taller? I'm planning on getting a new vehicle in a few months and I'm deciding on whether or not I should put my stock stuff back on.
It's WAAAAAY better. And stiffer. It actually handles BETTER.

mikennrg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm guessing the Belltechs use a softer spring rate based on how people say they perform. Mine are firmer than stock. Not a huge difference like a performance based coil over, but it's stiffer to make up for the shorter travel.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm guessing the Belltechs use a softer spring rate based on how people say they perform. Mine are firmer than stock. Not a huge difference like a performance based coil over, but it's stiffer to make up for the shorter travel.
Yep. Idk who designs lowering springs with a LOWER spring rate but they're ********.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Mine was alot stiffer when I bought it, but now its really spongy. Not impressed on a performance level but as a ride level its not bad.

I was watching this weekend a episode of GearZ where he was working on the old Biscayne and from the look of it the Coil over system he used from Ridetech doesn't look like it would be to far off or easy to modify to place up front of the ram, just not sure the spring rate, & weight and height but it was a short coil over with the same mounting of the shock top and bottom.. When I get some time if I get some time when the baby comes and I'm off work getting the GF settled in I will do some more research on it.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got a quote from a air suspension place for a full kit but their instructions are pretty weak. The price is good though so I'm going to keep investigating it.

big john 02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys maybe i missed it but . what shocks is everyone running once hey go 3/5 stock or aftermarket and if aftermarket who and part numbers?

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Belltech SP or spend the $$ and get the Qa1's

The whole suspension setup on our trucks is terrible