3/5 drop questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm going to install https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60824/ over next weekend and I'm going to also install my belltech pro shocks front and rear. I want to go lower so I want to cut my springs while I'm at it to get my truck to sit a bit lower I have stock tires at 275 60 20.

My question is what problem will I run in to at 3/5? Will my stock tire rub? will I mess anything up? Any input would be nice.

I'll be slowly getting everything for my suspension In the next few months (adjustable Panhard bar, upper and lower control arms from spohn) or should I wait till I get those parts b4 I go lower?

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would get all the parts and have it done all at once. Even with the 2/4 drop you need to re-locate or get the adjustable panhard bar. The lower control arms center the wheel in the wheel well. The upper control arms adjust the rear end pinion angle.

OP
OP
M

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I do have the re locate bracket installed if I don't want to wait what could happen

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I do have the re locate bracket installed if I don't want to wait what could happen

if you go 3/5 you would need to relocate the panhard bar again. It was only designed for 2/4 drop this is why the adjustable panhard bar is needed.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
3" on the front will be getting very close to the bump stops if not sitting completely on them, you'd need to make sure the shorter bump stops are installed. Your front sway bar will also need to be realigned if it's not already done by using a shorter set of end links.

For the rear you will have a few inches of clearance but it's likely that on big bumps you will be hitting the axle on the bumpstop cups so I'd recommend removing them completely and installing a bolt-in set of urethane bump stops. Your next contact point will be the lower control arm on the upper control arm's frame mount, keep an eye on that location, you might get lucky, you might not.

As Quick said, the panhard bar need to be adjustable at that point or your axle will be shifted further over to the driver's side and if you're using the bracket then I would drill the frame mount for the panhard bar to get it back down to parallel with the road. If you go any lower then there's a lot more that needs to happen. I would recommend getting everything before going lower because your ride will suffer in the mean time with a misaligned rear axle and people have ran into major issues with the wagging back end because of it.

OP
OP
M

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the advice. Might you have a link or know of a company that's makes Quality Shorter front end links
Also do you guys think I'll rub with my stock tires once it's done

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Thanks for the advice. Might you have a link or know of a company that's makes Quality Shorter front end links

plenty of people have successfully used the '13+ 2wd F150 endlinks that are about 2" shorter than the Ram ones, you'd have to search on here for the part numbers because I can't remember them. I run Chris Alston endlinks and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone anymore, too many issues, too much money.

If they're stock wheels and tires then you should have no rubbing issues.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This is the front sway bar end links that I purchased.

Moog Stabilizer Bar Link P/N: K80337

got it from AutoPartsExpress.com

OP
OP
M

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm starting to order parts my spohn panhard bar, air bags, and moog front end links will be here soon, I'm going to be installing it myself.
I'm going to be installing the airbag as soon they get here so I might as well put the panhard bar in.
So should I remove the relocation bracket or install it onto the relocation bracket

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Install it onto the relocation bracket then see if it's sitting relatively level at ride height. If not, then drill the frame mount but keep the relocation bracket in place.