3" Lowering Springs for Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blabarre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wanting to lower the rear of my truck to level it out. I have a 2011 Laramie 2WD. Anyone have experience with a 3 inch rear drop? I've been seeing that the 2 inch seems to be the most popular but seems like a lot of people would like an extra inch from what I've read.

Maxtrac makes a 3 inch drop. Wanting to get feedback from others before I install these.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
are you a 2dr or 4dr? I would not want a 3" rear drop with the front at stock height...the rear will sit lower than the front.

The McGaughys 2" rear springs only give 1" of drop on the regular cab trucks, but give a full 2" on the 4dr trucks.

And Ground Force makes 2" specific springs for both the 2dr and 4dr trucks, so they do give a full 2" as well.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ This. I dropped my rear 3" which levelled it. The hood appeared higher than the bed because it bulges up so far; I hated the stance and redid the job with a new pair of springs (thanks Wild one!) to lower only 2".
Who is "Maxtrac"? Do you know their spring rates?
If you tow anything at all you will be riding on bumpstop even with airbags.

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crew cab 4x4 I used 2" mcgaughys. It lowered my rear 2.5 and I have .5 of rake. I considered the ground force springs from their 2/3 drop and was going to use a spacer to lift it back up level. i decided against it. I figured if it needed to be lower I'd cut the mcgaughys coils to level it sence their is so many spacer coils. If I put anything in the bed that .5 goes away.

OP
OP
B

blabarre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the responses. Ive got the 4 full doors, so I'm betting I would be sitting too low. If I can get 2.5" out of the 2 inch spring like you guys say, I'd be happy. Are all of you running factory shocks? Wondering if I will be fine with factory.

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the responses. Ive got the 4 full doors, so I'm betting I would be sitting too low. If I can get 2.5" out of the 2 inch spring like you guys say, I'd be happy. Are all of you running factory shocks? Wondering if I will be fine with factory.

I'm on factory shocks with no issues