4th gen air ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anyone know if I can completely replace my rear coils with air bags and use a leveling valve to maintain ride height so when I pull a trailer it "self levels?"

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kelderman Air Ride makes one, it's really difficult to find on their horrid website.

Pretty sure Firestone also makes a self leveling kit as well.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder if I can "make a kit" using semi air bags.

Sure, it'd just ride like ass. They are designed to have way more weight on them. You can buy 2200# rated bags from Firestone for somewhere around $80ish. That's the route I was planning on going, without any of the auto leveling bullsh!t either.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I know, and what I was planning on doing, air ride sells some 1000# air bags that fit inside the coils for added support for towing, for around $50. Honestly, I'm sure someone makes a complete or only rear air bag system, but its gonna cost upwards of $1500!

Guys slam they're trucks all the time with air bag suspensions.

KevinRM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats the kit that was installed on the Dragon Wagon On Gearz.
Gonna be haulin a 22' toy trailer
Thinkin' about that for my rear springs but really haven't got enough info on it as to how low it goes and if its any good for towing.

KevinRM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still got questions on that RideTech Airbag setup.
Found so far that it drops the rear 4" like installing a 4" drop spring and then goes lower from there. You have to install a spacer for more height.
Also not impressed at the length of their rear sway bar links, Look too long for a dropped suspension totally screwing up the proper geometry of a sway bar and rendering it pretty much useless. Especially for a company that BRAGS about their Great Handling.