4x4 Lowered 2/3- replacing shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys.
Recently I've been toying with the idea of replacing the shocks on the truck. Got about 83,000km on the turck.
I used the GF 2/3 kit to lower everything. As it stands I have the full 80,000km on the front shocks and about 40,000km on the GF rear shocks.

I'd like to buy a quality shock to help improve the ride but am mind full of the cost. I know quality and low price rarely go together.
Did my research and am not sure I want to go the QA shock route. Can any of you point me in the direction of another lowered shock? Maybe not the BT ones....

Also separate question but related- would it be worth while adding the shorter F150 links upfront while I'm at it?

Thanks

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just out of curiousity why don't you want to run the QA1? From what I've always read they are the best.

I'm sure you could run the street performance shocks belletech offers, but I wasn't impress with them on my 2010 F-150 with 3/5 drop. DJM offers some shocks for lowered applications as well, but they are pretty cheap much like the belltechs, didn't like them on my 09 chevy 1500 with 5/7 drop. If you are going to spend money to upgrade your shocks then go with something of quality.

OP
OP
BrBlack

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont doubt they are the best!
For me its more about the cost. The QA1's are about $1000CAD shipped. I dont really put that many miles on the truck. (80,000km in 5 years) It basically sits most of the time. Just looking to stretch my mod money. Rather than buying the best shocks out there my thought is get an average set and still have money left over for other goodies.

I had a set of BT shocks back in the day and wasnt too impressed either. Knowing some guys around here put a TON of effort into the suspension on thier trucks. I thought maybe while doing all that research maybe they ran into another option I dont know about?