about to install 2/4 belltech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got a belltech 2/4 kit with street pro shock
I have a few questions, is it hard to install yourself if your a noob and
is removing the factory bump stop a Must up front? Is there any way around that?

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone that is mechanically inclined with a decent set of tools should be able to install the kit in their driveway. The two hardest parts of the install is cutting the front bump stop cups and the upper shock bolts on the rear shocks. Lots of us that have done the install will tell you not to put the BellTech front shocks on. Most have retained the stock front shocks. If you insist on installing the BellTech front shocks, be sure to knock the spacer out of the top shock cover first. If you don't, you'll most likely experience the shock walking off the lower mount. As far as the top shock mount bolt on the rear shocks, some have cut a wrench down to fit in the tight space. I used a crows foot myself. I have a post about the install in this section of the forum a few pages back. Good luck, and enjoy your lowered look!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ What he said...

Also, the rear wheel well liners are a ***** to get off and on, so I drilled a hole in mine that lined up with the upper shock bolts, that way I could hit it with an impact and not have to ever take the liner off again.

OP
OP
M

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I ended up doing it solo I had a good time altho i didn't change the socks (hell with those back shocks save that for some other time )
And I didn't get a b4 pic as I was to excited to jump in and start
k1EDuK3.jpg

shynola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I ended up doing it solo I had a good time altho i didn't change the socks (hell with those back shocks save that for some other time )
k1EDuK3.jpg

nice job!

btw...do you know what the technical/factory color of your truck is? I likes it!...looks good when the sun hits that metal flake

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
k1EDuK3.jpg

Two questions:

1) What size tires do you have?
2) How much space is there between the top of your tire and the fender?

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Holy huge pic batman! Re-size your pics before you post them so it doesn't take 5min for the post to load.

Truck looks good with the drop. You doing wheels eventually or keeping stockers?

OP
OP
M

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice job!

btw...do you know what the technical/factory color of your truck is? I likes it!...looks good when the sun hits that metal flake
Thanks
maximum steel metallic *AR/KAR
Wife picked it out I was looking at the dark red or dark blue
I love my color tho glad she picked it out

Two questions:

1) What size tires do you have?
2) How much space is there between the top of your tire and the fender?

1) 275/60/20
2) around 2 and a half inches

Holy huge pic batman! Re-size your pics before you post them so it doesn't take 5min for the post to load.

Truck looks good with the drop. You doing wheels eventually or keeping stockers?
Sorry bout the Giant pic I don't know what I'm doing
Thanks
Yeah once I save up some cash or wear down my tires I want to get the Matt black hellcat srt rims
But I got a long list of mod to do 1st

OP
OP
M

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only have 2500 miles on the kit it rides good not like stock but not far from it, it's a great kit to start out with

vcode70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Only have 2500 miles on the kit it rides good not like stock but not far from it, it's a great kit to start out with

Nice truck! Did you ever end up installing the Belltech shocks? Is there any advantages/disadvantages of just changing the springs and retaining the stock shocks? Thanks!

OP
OP
M

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck! Did you ever end up installing the Belltech shocks? Is there any advantages/disadvantages of just changing the springs and retaining the stock shocks? Thanks!
Thanks

No not yet i only did the springs havnt gotten around to it. as for advantages/disadvantages I don't know enough to answer that this is my 1st time lowering anything lol the ride is good enough to not want to rush into adding the shocks or other suspension parts I want

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol at rear shock top nuts. I never could get one fully tight. I took it in for warranty after I uninstalled the drop and the tech was like you're rear shocks were loose at the top. Didn't you hear that clunking . I said not sure I think so but didn't know what it was haha.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Lol at rear shock top nuts. I never could get one fully tight. I took it in for warranty after I uninstalled the drop and the tech was like you're rear shocks were loose at the top. Didn't you hear that clunking . I said not sure I think so but didn't know what it was haha.
I used an impact and tgat helped tremendously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock