adjustable upper ball joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locobrutus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To those who have the adjustable ball joints which ones do you have. All comments good and bad would be appreciated. Sense there is such a wide range of prices. Thanks

OP
OP
L

locobrutus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply.I was planning on buy the SPC ball joints. Found them online for $86 . I have a 2/4 drop and have already maxed out all of the adjustment for camber and caster. Looking to do this very soon.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the reply.I was planning on buy the SPC ball joints. Found them online for $86 . I have a 2/4 drop and have already maxed out all of the adjustment for camber and caster. Looking to do this very soon.

When I first had my drop installed and got the alignment done they told me the same thing. Other people have said that they have gotten their alignment done with out issues. Kinda weird IMO.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had the Moog ball joints.

They worked to correct my camber problems when the truck was sitting still, BUT they push the upper control arm even further up, meaning the camber gain when the suspension is compressed is even higher. I ended up removing them because they were so problematic.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the Moog ball joints.

They worked to correct my camber problems when the truck was sitting still, BUT they push the upper control arm even further up, meaning the camber gain when the suspension is compressed is even higher. I ended up removing them because they were so problematic.

wow good to know about the moog...what are your thoughts of the spc ball joint.
The spc only has a max of 2 deg positive camber, the moog has 3 deg positive camber.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
wow good to know about the moog...what are your thoughts of the spc ball joint.
The spc only has a max of 2 deg positive camber, the moog has 3 deg positive camber.

I haven't used it, so I can't really say.

If it's taller than the factory ball joint you'll have the same problems as the Moog though.

OP
OP
L

locobrutus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dubstep Shep: how were the Moog adj ball joints problematic? Bad ride, steering pulling one way r the other r just breaking. Beginning to wonder if it is worth the hassle of changing the ball joints. Might be easier to replace tires

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the SPC adjustable ball joint as well, I think I'll be going that route. Once I get the spc I'll compare it to the moog

Smurfkiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm guess ill get the spc then. i did the belltech 964 kit cut down to 3 5.5 aligned it 3 days after to install to allow for settling. the front camber was right a -1 so the 2 degrees of the spc will be more than enough. actually the -1* isn't really even that bad i ran just a bit more negative in my vette, but of course here im not truly looking for best handling just nice even tire wear.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the SPC adjustable ball joint as well, I think I'll be going that route. Once I get the spc I'll compare it to the moog

Any word? I am getting ready to order all my suspension and am trying to decide between the SPC or the Moog.

Thanks

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any word? I am getting ready to order all my suspension and am trying to decide between the SPC or the Moog.

Thanks

Sorry I haven't had time to cut springs to 3/5 or install adjustable ball joint...