Air lift bag system for 2" rear drop spings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Question guys. Will the air lift system eliminate sag on my ass end? I have the rear drop springs and didn't know if installed it would be able to fix my one sided slight sag plus keep my ass from bottoming out on bigger bumps.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question guys. Will the air lift system eliminate sag on my ass end? I have the rear drop springs and didn't know if installed it would be able to fix my one sided slight sag plus keep my ass from bottoming out on bigger bumps.

Yes, you can add bags and run them at different pressure to fix the drivers side sag, or you can measure the difference side to side and add a spacer to the low side.

As far as bottoming out it looks like trimming the bump stops is needed on some rear drops (some say cut the stock in half). At least that is what I have read lately as I am also looking to lower the rear of my truck.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i installed the MG 2 inch rear drop and cut my bump stops off by 1.5 inches.
My truck is level and has dropped 1.75 inches. looks great

OP
OP
grozier

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have my bump stops removed right now. Can you air up each bag separately? I thought they went to one line?

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have my bump stops removed right now. Can you air up each bag separately? I thought they went to one line?

I would not connect the bags to each other.

Keep them separate or at the truck leans the air pressure on one bags transfers to the other. Defeating the purpose of bags if you ask me..

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have durango airlift bags in my 2" drop springs. The airbags do not raise the ride height at all, but will prevent sag when under load. If your drop springs give you an uneven drop, I would recommend airlift bags as a solution. However, mine are great to keep truck level when I have weight in the bed.