Air Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First post here, hello.

I just ordered the 4/6 drop from Inez Hot Rods and I'm wondering about air shocks for heavy loads at this height. I know I could use air lift 1000 bags, but are air shocks an option? If so, any recommendations on which ones would do well with this drop on a 2012 qcrb?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is no set drop shock for the Application.

What ive done in the past is use Monroes full online catalog. Identify what eyelet opening sizes you need, then find a air shock that matches those specs, but a few inches shorter. Done this multiple times in the past for other trucks.

Why didnt you just put the air lift rear bags in and get rid of the coils completely?

OP
OP
M

modifiedloser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

What ive done in the past is use Monroes full online catalog. Identify what eyelet opening sizes you need, then find a air shock that matches those specs, but a few inches shorter. Done this multiple times in the past for other trucks.

Why didnt you just put the air lift rear bags in and get rid of the coils completely?
I'll give that a shot.

And I didn't do rear air bags because I don't have on board air and didn't have the funds for a full setup like that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7

would the Ridetech rear setup work with a 6" drop?

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ridetech setup replaces the whole coil, set it to whatever height u want.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BD73BAEF-AF1A-4AB8-BB7D-79875195B4CC_zpshkmsrmce.jpg

305/30r24 is where I drive my ridetech stuff. You be the judge on what drop it sits at