Alignment frequency

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How often have you aligned your truck? Just installed the Belltech 2/4 and rear Helwig swaybar. I'm running the stock shocks. Not sure what else I'll do to the suspension. Maybe upgrade the shocks down the road.

I'm taking it in for alignment on Thursday and debating between $89 one time alignment vs the $199 lifetime alignment.

How many of you have had your truck alignment more than twice in 5 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the lifetime for $149. I dropped mine over a year ago and have had it on the alignment rack three times. The initial alignment, then after I installed the Spohn adjustable panhard bar to get the thrust angle zeroed out. And this last time just to check at about 14,000 miles. The shop recommended I bring it in every 6,000 miles.

KPietriyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just replaced a lot of front end parts this summer, they were running a special for the lifetime alignment- $99, as opposed to $79 for the one-time. No-brainer really. Only a couple thousand miles, so just one alignment on this vehicle so far.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would go for the lifetime just incase you plan on lowering it some more or making changes later on down the road. Plus its also good knowing you don't ever have to pay for that again.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I'd love to get a lifetime of alignments since they're $120 a pop for me and I get one done at least once a year with how often I play around with my setup.

OP
OP
D

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, gentlemen! It sounds like lifetime is the way to go. Still talking the wife into the extra cost after spending $600 on the parts, LOL!

OP
OP
D

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was hoping to support a forum vendor but I ended up having to get mine from a place that sounds like the definition for the highest point of a mountain. Free shipping and the best price I found. I got the Belltech kit, Helwig swaybar, and Air Lift 1000 bags all from the same place. I'm in FL; they're in GA. Got the parts in less than 48 hours!

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got my lifetime alignment through Firestone and take mine in every time I rotate tires.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do lifetime. Every time I drop or lift a truck I always end up having to tweak it whether it be an inch or two, up or down, front or rear or both. Sometimes I buy one, drop it, adjust it, get it just right, then get bored with it and lift it, rinse and repeat. Just makes sense for lifetime for me.

S

scotts2012ram

Yea I was going to through Firestone but the ones here will only do it if you run there tires and I refuse to

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I originally got mine through the Hawaii Firestone on base and transferred to VA and got it here with the stock good years, I think they are feeding you some bull over the tires because I inform them of all current and future mods to the truck and they let me know what they will pass and what will fail there inspection.

Maybe states differ from state to state but the Nitto 420's were recommended by my Firestone. I also intend to put a hidden cam inside my truck because they test drive after every alignment to make sure it's tracking straight and I just don't trust them to drive it like I do, just my .02 cents

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I was going to through Firestone but the ones here will only do it if you run there tires and I refuse to

I got the Firestone lifetime alignment after installing my BellTech 964SP kit with factory GoodYear tires with no issues. I think they are BSing you.

OP
OP
D

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up getting the Firestone lifetime alignment and tire rotation for $159. They said any Firestone or Tires Plus will honor it. They said it wasn't far out of alignment. Only the tow was out of specs. Only took them 30 minutes to do the alignment.

S

scotts2012ram

I just asked when I went to pick up a car for a friend. He runs there tires I'll call or go up there and see if they try the same. I'm a diesel tech so I love when they try stuff like that