alignment issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzBlkExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a weird alignment issue on my truck, when I went to get it aligned after installing the front lowering springs the driver side camber was -1.5 and the passenger side only -.8 or so. The passenger side adjusted into spec (+.1) with no problem but the driver side won't adjust into spec. The truck has never been wrecked or hit in any way. After adjustment it pulls to the left too much in my opinion, I assume because both sides are not the same. I don't think I should need adjustable balljoints since its really only 2 inches of spring drop. Is there something else that might be causing my problem? Most alignment shops don't want to touch non stock vehicles so I would like to have some idea what to look for. I had the spindles/rear springs installed for months with no issues what so ever, so whatever it is started with either the front sway bar, front springs or cutting the rear springs.

I have adjustable rear arms but haven't installed them yet, I hate changing too many things at once as it makes problems hard to find. I don't mind having the passenger side adjusted to match if there isn't anything else wrong. It just seems strange that they aren't both the same.

Suspension mods are McG 2in drop spindles, belltech 2 in front springs, hellwig front sway bar, Hellwig rear sway bar, McG 4 in rear springs cut 2 coils, Mcg panhard relocation bracket, 29.7in tall 275/45r20 tires.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
to much drop, your not going to get the camber right with out some other mods to the front end. Adjustable ball joints for one.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Ive never had a problem with 2" spindles and 2" spring combo in the front done 4 of my own trucks so far 2012,2013,2014,and a 2016. Always was able to get them within spec with no other mods. Although I do run -1.5 on both sides so the factory 22"s and on my current truck to clear the 24"s.. I would take it to a more capable alignment shop. Even if by chance they cant get it to ( factory spec ) they can adjust it to drive just like it did before mine drives perfectly at -1.5... My 2 cents..

OP
OP
C

CzBlkExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what I am thinking is pulling to the left is probably being caused by the fact that the tech didnt match the camber on both sides? I don't care about 1 degree of negative camber I just don't want the thing pulling to the left or right.

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
So what I am thinking is pulling to the left is probably being caused by the fact that the tech didnt match the camber on both sides? I don't care about 1 degree of negative camber I just don't want the thing pulling to the left or right.

Might be part of it caster split issue maybe. Find a Ram dealer in your area that installs a lot of mopar lifts ( because thats usually all they do ) will most likely have a guy there that knows how to set them up correctly.

Rcobra427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

camber would only cause a pull issue if one side would be -1.5 and the other side positive 1.5, with one side at -1.5 and the other at -0.8 it should not cause a pulling issue, make sure the tire pressure is even that will most deff cause a pull issue but most of the time it is the caster causing a pulling issue and that is adjustable on our trucks, i would look at the caster there maybe to much of a split between the left and right side

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I did a 2/4 drop and it changed camber and toe quite a bit. I think the toe out was my cause of pulling.

OP
OP
C

CzBlkExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked and adjusted tire pressure before i went for the alignment, it wasnt pulling to the left until after he fooked with it. I think I am just gonna go to a better alignment shop.

Rcobra427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked and adjusted tire pressure before i went for the alignment, it wasnt pulling to the left until after he fooked with it. I think I am just gonna go to a better alignment shop.
yea then u just have to get it redone