Alignment :( Looks like we have a problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonv8944s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I did the 2/4 drop with BellTech, and then tried to get my truck aligned today. And the guy calls me over and tells me he wont be able to get it back into spec.

Anyone have an issue with these trucks not getting back to spec after lowering?

Here are the final numbers that he got.

Anyone see where I might improve this a bit? He claims there really isnt anything left he could do with the adjustments he had available to him from our stock setup.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 83

RamonaRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try a different place. My 16 ram rt has a bell tech drop and it aligned darn near to factory specs.

OP
OP
J

Jonv8944s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ahhh, interesting, very interesting.

Ok, sucks I blew 45 bucks on this guys alignment, but I'll try another shop.

Thanks everyone!

Jon

Ps. Have any photos showing you got it back in spec? I want to show the new shop, so they dont charge me another 45 bucks and tells me they too cant get it into spec, because I am not going to pay unless they get it to where it needs to be.

RamonaRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I can't help with that. I'm currently working out of state and don't have any access to the print out they gave me.

OP
OP
J

Jonv8944s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks RamonaRT.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

Jon

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Worst case, I wouldn't worry as much about caster. Caster mainly affects steering effort & wheel returnability (how the steering wheel will naturally return to center coming out of a turn). A .3 split in caster won't cause any issues. Try & get camber as close to ideal spec as possible (+. 10 IIRC)

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I think it's pretty close. Curious what the machine said prior to the drop. If your wheel is straight when you drive straight and it doesn't pull, I'd run it and watch the tires' wear pattern.

Mine didn't get back into spec after my 2/4. I gave it 3 weeks to settle too. It was close enough for me.

The shop that did mine said that when he changed one thing it affected another and he couldn't get it perfect.

OP
OP
J

Jonv8944s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it's pretty close. Curious what the machine said prior to the drop. If your wheel is straight when you drive straight and it doesn't pull, I'd run it and watch the tires' wear pattern.

Mine didn't get back into spec after my 2/4. I gave it 3 weeks to settle too. It was close enough for me.

The shop that did mine said that when he changed one thing it affected another and he couldn't get it perfect.

Right, thats what my guy is saying. It drives fine, I see no issues, but was worried about wear later on down the road.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Same here on my level, no matter how much he would tweak one side to perfect, the other side would screw it all up. Ive had it 2 weeks now, Im going back next week to see if its settled and ready to be aligned perfectly

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500