Alignment specs for 2/4 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I will be putting on my 2/4 Belltch drop kit this Saturday and will obviously have to have it aligned. What would be the best specs to align the front to other than stock? Maybe add a little more negative chamber? I drive the truck pretty hard and the outside edges of my tires show it, they are worn down a lot more than the inside edge, and I rotate every 5-6k miles.

Here are the specs from when I got it aligned after my front lift. They told me it was maxed out on the chamber and they could not bring it in any more. I'm sure the slight positive chamber does not help on the outside edge tire wear.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Alignment.pdf?w=cbb07533

OP
OP
myoung84

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It rides great! It's a little stiffer of course, but handles much better. I even had it loaded down to the max last week with my 4 wheeler in the bed and boat hooked up (Over 1000 lbs total) and it handled the load very well with my airbags at 35 psi.

I did have to get the alignment done twice. After about 200 miles on the first alignment my front tires were feathering. My toe had shifted quite a bit but they got everything straightened out with -0.5 degrees of chamber.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need to take mine back in for another tweak or two as well.

These trucks ride great with a 2/4. So much so that I don't want to cut the springs for a 3/5 despite how great it looks.

OP
OP
myoung84

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I really want some new street tires, but I need to buy at least 2 tires for the Charger first. Not sure why the rear tires are getting so low?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
i wonder why! LOL

IresqU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice. I went with the BellTech 2/4 drop on my 4th gen also! All that was needed for me was the factory alignment to bring everything into tolerances. I do rub on the front in rough pot hole conditions or steep driveways. How do you do?

OP
OP
myoung84

myoung84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have rubbed a couple times on big bumps, but nothing major, just a little rubbing on the plastic inner fender. I figured it was because of my bigger a/t tires. One thing that has been bugging me is my off centered axle. I want to buy the McG relocator bracket but the ******** wont sell it separate. Dallashotrodparts has a kit to make the track bar adjustable, just have to cut the bar and weld it in.