Any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YOUWNT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just pulled the trigger on the BT 2/4 with SP shocks, should be here Tuesday and installing it Wednesday, is there any advice you guys can give me to ensure a smooth install? I'm super stoked, running the stock wheels and tires till the tires go bad or my patience runs out lol I have a 2016 1500 2wd express so no rear sway bar but ordering that on Friday

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
order more parts to fix the rearend pulling forward 1" and shifting left 3/4" to 1".

OP
OP
YOUWNT

YOUWNT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rear sway bar and spohn panhard bar will come later this month and upper and lower control arms next month. Mainly looking for any advice on the spring and shock install, if there is any or if its all just common sense.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
common sense stuff, there are left and right front springs though

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had mine installed at a shop that has ben in business 30+ years so my install went 10/10. Sounds like you are doing the job yourself. Does the kit come with nice instructions, if yes just follow and you should be fine. Good luck and enjoy the new look/ride, you will love it.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
The upper shock bolt in the rear is a pain in the ass. The wheel liners will need to be removed. Go buy a stubby wrench. I don't recall the size.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
When you do the sway, take apart the bushings and grease them. Mine squeaked on every bump until I did.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Front end will be more time consuming. It is not difficult by any means, just lots to undo.

Start with obvious, support with Jack stands and remove wheels. Remove the shocks by unbolting the upper shock bolt, you'll need a 9mm ratchet or wrench to hold the shock from spinning while you remove the upper nut which I think was 18mm. Then remove the two bottom bolts using a 13mm. Then dissconnect the sway bar from both sides, unbolt the brake caliper, there will be two bolts in the back I think they were 13/16 and hang the caliper up by the shock tower. Then remove the upper control arm nut and strike the side of the spindle with a hammer a few times and the ball joint will pop. Then disconnect the tie rod. Suppert the lower control arm by the lower shock bolts before removing your last nut/bolt so it doesn't all fall apart on you.

Back is simple. But you will for sure need a stubby 13/16 wrench to get at the upper shock bolts. I got away with removing only half the wheel liners, just enough to get my hands and tools in there. Make sure you get the top bolts very tight. I installed mine and didn't get them right enough and within a few days I had rattling noises. Pain in the ass to tighten two bolt!

Good luck and post pics!

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there are left and right front springs though
are you sure about that? otherwise BT would have had different part numbers on each spring or an indication of left or right. When I installed the BT front springs there was no left or right.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FYI- when I installed my Crown front springs they were the same left and right. Alternatively my oem springs had the same part numbers left and right. My rears oem springs had different part #s.

OP
OP
YOUWNT

YOUWNT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys great info! Of course it has to be a stubby 13/16! A very odd size wrench that I probably don't have at work, I'll be sure to pick one up