Anyone spec their own front/rear coil springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarineRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck: 2013 Dodge Ram R/T w/ factory 22's

Goal: Slight drop with suspension setup to make truck feel truly planted. I'm not looking to slam my truck like all the cool kids.

Reason: After Ground Force kit 9864, I am absolutely disappointed with the ride. The front bump stops easily contact the control arms and the death wobble is horrible. After much reading, BT and McQ's are no better.

My ride improved only slightly after reinstalling stock shocks, shorter f/r end links, adj. track bar, track bar relocation bracket, and double checking my alignment. I doubt sway bars would make a worthwhile difference.

So back to my question, anyone spec their own coil springs and/or set up their own suspension? Your input is appreciated.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What were you doing at time of disappointment? I installed my 2/4 BT stock from BT shocks and SP rear shocks with 1000 helper bags and continue to do the normal daily driving and have noticed only better cornering and maybe a squeak front end somewhere just hard to tell with my audio setup, so a little more info for what you are not liking may help us answer your question.

OP
OP
M

MarineRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will say, with GF shocks, over smooth roads, the ride was good. With GF shocks on typical city streets/normal daily driving and over freeway dips, the truck felt like the shocks could not control the bounce or prevent the front control arms from contacting the bump stops.

Over freeway dips, the rear side to side wobble feels as if the tail wants to spin counterclockwise. When that happens, I lift off the throttle and coast until it settles.

I read a lot of similar experience from others but many of those posts don't conclude with what finally solved their issue. I can only think of one, and that person concluded by removing lowering kit and going back to stock ride height.

So after talking with a few road racers, I was thinking of taking their approach on spec'g coil spring rates with ground ends for better seating/eliminating spring spacer, and pairing with better suited shocks. I don't do heavy hauling or pull a trailer so I don't mind if I lose that ability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956