Bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone on here put air bags on a 2013 and up 1500 quad cab or crew cab yet. I keep looking at the ridetec stuff

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will most likely go this route down the line. Throwing springs on this weekend but I know ultimately air will give me the ride, look, and adjustability I'm really after. Ridetech stuff is pretty nice too. I had some of their components on my F150.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm curious as well,you would think several had gone this route but all we get are crickets.

Ghostexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess somebody here is going to have to bite the bullet and do it. I hope that in the next year I can put the funds together to get the kit. I've been watching forums waiting for somebody to post their experience though.

I know Stacey David did it on Gearz. From what I understand, at the "correct" ride height (per bag manufacturer), the kit puts you at a 3/5 drop. Obviously, lower air pressure means lower and higher air pressure means higher, but both come at the expense of ride and handling. Personally, I think a 3/5 drop is a little to low (I'd like a 1/3). I see they (Ridetech) now also have a kit out for the rear designed specifically for hauling and towing. So that might give me some options for my taste in ride height.

The other thing is the controller packages. I don't know if you've watched videos of how their (Ridetech) controllers reach ride height, but what I saw was a very choppy pulsing from the system coming down from an "aired up" state. When I purchase a kit, I think I'll go with Accuair controls and ridetech bags. Accuair controls have a very smooth "air up" to ride height. No choppy dropping down to ride height like the Ridetech system.

Just my thoughts on bags and what I'll try eventually.

OP
OP
thumperpa

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good

Awesome info thus far guys I have a awhile before I get to do it but once I have it paid off and warranty is done or close to done I'm putting the bags on mine I love the ride tech style but I want to go low minimum 3/5 so iam hoping by the time I'm ready something will be available for my taste and I'll run accuair all the way it's the fastest and smoothest set up available

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish Gearz had more time to show how the things they install actually function/perform. I'd like to see what this Ridetech kit is really capable of as far as the aired out height, fully aired up height, etc. I'f I'm going to drop coin on an air ride system I better be able to at least tuck a little tire when it's laid out!

Ridetech does make quality components but I too would use the Accuair VU-4 with elevel for control. You just cant beat that setup. It's by far the best on the market.

For as much as you pay for the ridetech shockwaves, cool ride bags, air pod, etc. You could pretty much have any custom shop fab up a custom kit with whatever components you want and have them build it to the heights you want for about the same price. Obviously becoming a little more pricey if you are trying to lay frame because then you have to account for frame notching, front/rear tubs, control arms, and a handful of other minor details that would allow you to do so.

Last edited:

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wish Gearz had more time to show how the things they install actually function/perform. I'd like to see what this Ridetech kit is really capable of as far as the aired out height, fully aired up height, etc. I'f I'm going to drop coin on an air ride system I better be able to at least tuck a little tire when it's laid out!

Ridetech does make quality components but I too would use the Accuair VU-4 with elevel for control. You just cant beat that setup. It's by far the best on the market.

For as much as you pay for the ridetech shockwaves, cool ride bags, air pod, etc. You could pretty much have any custom shop fab up a custom kit with whatever components you want and have them build it to the heights you want for about the same price. Obviously becoming a little more pricey if you are trying to lay frame because then you have to account for frame notching, front/rear tubs, control arms, and a handful of other minor details that would allow you to do so.

My thoughts exactly,would be nice to know if it's anywhere near as useful as the factory air ride that i wish i had got.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The ground force drop is nearing a grand @ most places & if you intend to tow/haul anything you'll want some kind of suspension enhancer as well so the ridetech price of $2500 really doesn't look all that bad ,as it's@ least twice as nice as the ground force kit.
I have a hard time understanding why ground force charges twice what their kit is worth.
I have searched to no avail in an attempt to find a video of the ride tech kit going threw it's paces up/down to see how much travel there is & how low it sits when aired down.
I'm really leaning hard towards this kit as i would hate to have any more buyers remorse then i already have from buying this truck in the 1st place,but i figure if i have it i may as well make the best of it.The dang things probably never gonna be fast so if i'm gonna be slow may as well be low lol.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

To my knowledge the fully aired up position is 2"s lower then stock.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had truck on lift yesterday making it sound alot better but while under there i was searching for places to mount the air supply ( tank,motor & controls ).I am not quite sure if it'll fit but seems the biggest place to mount it is in front of the gas tank as i prefer to keep my spare for emergencies sake.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been looking into Ridetech as well, doing some planing but its not in my budget for now.... I need my shop first... So someone please do the install and write it up and work out all the bugs before I do this maybe next year.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
thumperpa

thumperpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB 2WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So so sick

That is right on the money it's how I want my ram, I'm trying to get pics of a s-10 4.3 with a charger on it I had bagged back in 98 but no luck yet. Maybe I can hit you up with some ?'s once I'm ready which may be sooner then I thought