being ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Had the Belltech setup installed yesterday with the Spohn adjustable pan hard bar. I am just a tad picky and noticed the tire on the right rear is out about an 1/8" more than the rear left. How do I correct this smallish issue. Thanks in advance:favorites13:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Adjust the panhard bar some more while it's at ride height.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Adjust the panhard bar some more while it's at ride height.

seriously I was hoping you would reply and thanks. I assume I would just use a wrench but what way would I turn to get the left rear wheel to move outwards. Ride height means with it sitting on the tires and not jacked up, sorry I know dumb question:favorites13:

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I generally support the axle on stand to help unbind anything while the vehicle is under weight.

The spohn bar is simple to adjust

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I generally support the axle on stand to help unbind anything while the vehicle is under weight.

The spohn bar is simple to adjust

thanks and I actually have two jack stands. As soon as I sent my last question I figured it out, I just turn the nut thing towards the left tire duh. Errrr I hope and thanks for your reply, if I was not so **** I might let it slide but:favorites13:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
seriously I was hoping you would reply and thanks. I assume I would just use a wrench but what way would I turn to get the left rear wheel to move outwards. Ride height means with it sitting on the tires and not jacked up, sorry I know dumb question:favorites13:

Loosen the jam nuts and if you need to move it towards the driver's side then you need to extend the bar since the fixed end is on the passenger's side. I would agree with bgray, support the rear axle on jack stands so you're not fighting the tire's grip on the ground. Don't tighten the jam nuts though until you get it on the ground and you're sure the measurements are where you're happy with them.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Loosen the jam nuts and if you need to move it towards the driver's side then you need to extend the bar since the fixed end is on the passenger's side. I would agree with bgray, support the rear axle on jack stands so you're not fighting the tire's grip on the ground. Don't tighten the jam nuts though until you get it on the ground and you're sure the measurements are where you're happy with them.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
This seems like something the shop that installed them should take care of. Although, seems easy enough for DIY.

Is the offcenter issue caused by the drop itself since it changes the geometry of the suspension? Would this in turn cause the truck to be misaligned?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
This seems like something the shop that installed them should take care of. Although, seems easy enough for DIY.

Is the offcenter issue caused by the drop itself since it changes the geometry of the suspension? Would this in turn cause the truck to be misaligned?

Yes it's caused by the drop and it can develop a bit more as the new springs settle after they get loaded and then cycled. A 4 wheel alignment does not measure the pinion angle or the line of thrust so it's not something a shop generally checks for unless you specifically tell them to. As an example, a shop aligned mine perfectly according to their computer but the rear wheels were almost a full inch to one side. Rectifying this did nothing to the measurements on the machine.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
luckily mine was out by about 1/8th of an inch, an alignment was done afterwards so all is a go.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi

normally I would agree 100% on the shop redoing/setting things straight but the drive back to town is a pain in the ****, not only that but for the first time in my life I am starting to turn a wrench. Albeit small wrenches I am finally turning them, Pops would have a smile on right now. Whenever he wanted to show me how to wrench I decided it would be more fun to throw the football, baseball, basketball yada yada:favorites13: