Bell Tech 2/4 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmikey9668

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 liter
been shopping/researching a 2/4 drop kit for my 09 Crew Cab, prob gonna go with Bell Tech kit but was wondering if i get the kit for a reg cab and install it will the truck actually be a bit lower? I would think the kit would fit mine ok but figured it would be lower because of the weight difference?

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
best thing to do is buy the kit for the crew cab and cut a little off the springs.

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
NOOB here with Bell tech question

ihave a 2012 ram express single cab and just received my new 2/4 belltech kit which i will modding to a 3/5, my question is will the factory 275/60/20 tires work without rubbing? if they rub not then ill have to get My SRT wheels at time of installing kit which means i will have to wait to drop cuz not enough $$$$ for new tires right now

also kit came with rear shocks and i heard some where around here that theres a chance that springs in rear may fall out after cutting due to springs being shorter, so being that this kit came with shorter shocks will it keep spring without falling out? also would it fall out only when jackin vehicle on a rack or is there also chance it may fall on the road, say on a big dip for instance???any limiting straps that u guys know may be available, HELP PLZ!!!!!

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
OP

i doubt it would be much lower if any just a little softer ride probably sorry not much help on that

ihave a 2012 ram express single cab and just received my new 2/4 belltech kit which i will modding to a 3/5, my question is will the factory 275/60/20 tires work without rubbing? if they rub not then ill have to get My SRT wheels at time of installing kit which means i will have to wait to drop cuz not enough $$$$ for new tires right now

also kit came with rear shocks and i heard some where around here that theres a chance that springs in rear may fall out after cutting due to springs being shorter, so being that this kit came with shorter shocks will it keep spring without falling out? also would it fall out only when jackin vehicle on a rack or is there also chance it may fall on the road, say on a big dip for instance???any limiting straps that u guys know may be available, HELP PLZ!!!!!

if the spare tire is the same height as the stock tires then no it wont rub as i had a flat and had to use it on the front only had about 1/2-3/4 in of clearance and drove slow but it didnt rub on turning i have a BT 3/5 drop

the back ive never had a spring just fall out unless i jacked my truck up then yes it will with less height then the unmodified 2/4 or factory springs but they wont fall out driving unless you go dukes of hazard on your truck

just tell shops if they raise the truck lift the rear axle as well if they need to lift it to get the wheels off or something

nopo2491

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks joeg, your truck inspired me, mine isnt a r/t but i want it to look like yours,i love ur truck's stance, mines also black, im going with same wheels u have but gunmetal grey,

is ur truck a 3/5 in ur avatar and if yes how much do u cut from da front and rear springs to achieve the right drop

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you for the kind words those are what keep/force me to mod lol

Yes it is well more 3/5.5 to get it as level as it is the front half a coil the back one and a half coils but as many and me say every truck is different just do either 1/4 coil till you like it or 1/2 in the front and one in the back