BellTech 2/4 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeaSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My kit arrived at the speed shop today. Scheduled for a Friday install. I sure hope Belltech has this figured out by now. I was at the speed shop when they called and ordered direct from Belltech so they know they shipped the kit for a 2012 RCSB. I ordered the kit with the Street Performance shocks. Wish me luck as my Ahole is puckered hoping to have it correct the first time. I'll post the results Sat or Sun. Anyone with the Belltech kit wishing they had gone with another makers kit after the install? :Grenade:

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck, hope everything works out for ya. Make sure to post some pictures for us.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
take before and after pics!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With a measuring tape! I want to see why all the BellTech 2/4 drops seem so much lower than the McGs.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
good luck

OP
OP
S

SeaSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lost my nerve and backed out of the Belltech 2/4 kit. I decided to go with a GF 2" rear drop only. I can wait until someone comes out with a 2/4 kit without issues.

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lost my nerve and backed out of the Belltech 2/4 kit. I decided to go with a GF 2" rear drop only. I can wait until someone comes out with a 2/4 kit without issues.

This was my problem, I couldn't see myself spending a bunch of money for something I wasn't completely confident in. The GF kit ended being the best solution for, until I decided to cut my springs instead.:gr_grin:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

mine has the GF leveling kit, with my 22's, looks perfect. Love the look of the 2/4 until I read the harsh ride.

OP
OP
S

SeaSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the hot ticket may be to have a McGaughy's rear end kit with the BellTech front end and Belltech Street Performance shocks on all 4 corners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SeaSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up going with the GF 2" drop in the rear. There is only a 1/8" difference between the RR & FR. Also had a Flowmaster Street 50 series muffler and Hellweg rear sway bar installed. Next up will be Boss 338 black wheels and either Nitto's or Nexens to finish filling the wheel wells. Maybe next year I'll drop it 2/4 but for now I like the way it rides and handles. Wish I could find a local Sport Truck club so I can learn from others about working on these things. I'm pretty much a mechanical illiterate.

Reo Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have the Belltech 2/4 drop and I am really happy with it. I expected a decrease in ride quality, but I would not call it harsh at all. And on the plus side the install is pretty straightforward.

I considered going with just the rear drop at first, but I am really happy I went with the full one in the end.

Reo Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Here's a pic of mine right after I finished it. Install was really easy.

Attachments

• complete.jpg
    complete.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 86