Belltech 2/4 Drop - how much suspension travel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,

I have a 2011 CC with a Belltech 2/4 drop - but the front seems really low now it's settled. It will actually rub the arch on the freeway going over undulations. (Not to mention the front Belltech SP shocks are done already I think which doesn't help) however my question is, at rest there is probably 1/2 inch of space between the front bump stop and the LCA - I am right in thinking it should be more than that?

Picture isn't perfectly clear, but you get the idea - it's wet because I had to fluid film all the suspension bushes to get rid of a creaking.
picture.php

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry i cannot directly answer your question. i'd pull the bump stops out and trim in them in half to allow for more travel. Most guys also opt for factory front struts vs belltech in the front.

jedeisurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is what mine looked like too, I installed those bump stops in the rear after cutting the bump stop cups off. Then I installed the belltech 4922 bump stop kit in the front.

OP
OP
O

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry i cannot directly answer your question. i'd pull the bump stops out and trim in them in half to allow for more travel. Most guys also opt for factory front struts vs belltech in the front.
You mean the factory shocks at the front?
I don't want more travel - I want less! The wheels rub the arches pretty bad. My concern is that the front is too low - mine seems like it would have been a 3/4 or even a 4/4 drop to be honest, not the 2/4 I was expecting!

That is what mine looked like too, I installed those bump stops in the rear after cutting the bump stop cups off. Then I installed the belltech 4922 bump stop kit in the front.
Interesting - the 4922 stop is shorter though.

That looks normal. Vid that Belltech made showing how the front bump stops work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYt1emRNTd8
That's a cool vid - thanks!