BellTech 2/4 installed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
Here you go Big Boi...

My cut rear springs came in at: 14"... These springs were giving me a ride height at 36" from floor to center of rear fender lip.
rear2.jpg
rear1-1.jpg

The fronts are the ones that I cut too much off. These came in at: 13.5"... This dropped the front height down to just under 34" when they were in. It seems that once they get cut down to this length, the spring rates change dramatically.
front2-2.jpg
front1-1.jpg

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here you go Big Boi...

My cut rear springs came in at: 14"... These springs were giving me a ride height at 36" from floor to center of rear fender lip.
rear2.jpg
rear1-1.jpg

The fronts are the ones that I cut too much off. These came in at: 13.5"... This dropped the front height down to just under 34" when they were in. It seems that once they get cut down to this length, the spring rates change dramatically.
front2-2.jpg
front1-1.jpg
Awesome, awesome, awesome! This will help me out big time! Thx again :happy107:

shostopper17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looking to buy this like asap how was install and any issues with dealership warranty?

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Now you say the hardest was the rear shocks (lol been there a quick search would of showed u to remove the inner fender walls ). But my question is thought the front end would be harder dont you have to remove all of the components and the get it realigned. And how hard would this be with no shop and just hand tools

Oh and tip for the back shocks crows feet are your friends

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
Now you say the hardest was the rear shocks (lol been there a quick search would of showed u to remove the inner fender walls ). But my question is thought the front end would be harder dont you have to remove all of the components and the get it realigned. And how hard would this be with no shop and just hand tools

Oh and tip for the back shocks crows feet are your friends

Installing the kit is not really that hard. If you can change a flat tire, you can do the kit. The hardest part, to me is the driver's side rear shock. I took out both rear fender liners to make as much room as possible. You just have to be patient working with that driver's side shock. Hand tools are just going to be slower than air tools, but very do-able. You'll want some good jack stands and a good jack or two. I used my floor jack and a bottle jack as well. Just be sure before you get under there and start working, you have the truck rock solid on the jacks stands. You DO NOT want it falling on you...! If you do it and need help, I can walk you through it.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
So all you change on the front is the springs do you have to remove the spindles

OP
OP
R

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
So all you change on the front is the springs do you have to remove the spindles

No, not on the Belltech kit. Do a search on YouTube for Stacy David Gearz. He did some work on an express. There is a clip that shows how the front end will come apart.

shostopper17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No, not on the Belltech kit. Do a search on YouTube for Stacy David Gearz. He did some work on an express. There is a clip that shows how the front end will come apart.

Yes and he does a sick air ride set up for it

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like the stance on your BellTech Kit. It's good the hear the new springs improved the ride from the original cut springs.

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone had a load with this kit installed? I'm wondering how much it takes for it to start going nose up.

Russ64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im bought the ground force 2/3 kit and going to install next week. Bell Tech doesnt offer a kit for a 2012 2x4 reg cab. Your truck looks amazing

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Im bought the ground force 2/3 kit and going to install next week. Bell Tech doesnt offer a kit for a 2012 2x4 reg cab. Your truck looks amazing

should be same as 2011 truck.

GL with install, post pics!