Belltech 4 inch rear drop shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Quick update. I got the shocks installed on Friday after work. Quality on these are top notch. One thing I will tell you is the upper shock bolt is a pain in the a** to get to. Total install time was about 2 1/2hrs because of those bolts. I ran into a problem, QA1 supplies metal sleeves that slide into the bushings but were slightly short so they were not making contact with the frame so once installed they were going to have some side to side movement which I didn't like. I already had everything taken apart so I took the bushings off the old Belltech shocks so I can take off the sleeves that they had on and come to find out the sleeves and the bushings from those shocks were glued. :banghead: I then stripped the bushing with a sharp knife and used my Dremel with a sanding bit to get the rest of the rubber off in order to slide them on to the new shock bushings. With a little bit of grease they went on with no problems. I got everything installed and tighten up and set them up at 12 clicks. I took it for a quick spin WHAT A DIFFEERENCE! It felt a lot smoother. I only took 2 Pics during the install, I will post them up later.

aramos3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad to hear these worked out, maybe I can check them out sometime.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick update. I got the shocks installed on Friday after work. Quality on these are top notch. One thing I will tell you is the upper shock bolt is a pain in the a** to get to. Total install time was about 2 1/2hrs because of those bolts. I ran into a problem, QA1 supplies metal sleeves that slide into the bushings but were slightly short so they were not making contact with the frame so once installed they were going to have some side to side movement which I didn't like. I already had everything taken apart so I took the bushings off the old Belltech shocks so I can take off the sleeves that they had on and come to find out the sleeves and the bushings from those shocks were glued. :banghead: I then stripped the bushing with a sharp knife and used my Dremel with a sanding bit to get the rest of the rubber off in order to slide them on to the new shock bushings. With a little bit of grease they went on with no problems. I got everything installed and tighten up and set them up at 12 clicks. I took it for a quick spin WHAT A DIFFEERENCE! It felt a lot smoother. I only took 2 Pics during the install, I will post them up later.

man I thought with TS905 you didn't have to mod the shocks :eek:
so do you think it's worth getting the TS801 or just stick with the TS905

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
man I thought with TS905 you didn't have to mod the shocks :eek:
so do you think it's worth getting the TS801 or just stick with the TS905

I did a side by side comparison with the TS905 and the Belltech and they were off by about 1/2 inch at full extension. IMO I would stick with the TS905 and try to find sleeves else where so you don't have to do what I did.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a side by side comparison with the TS905 and the Belltech and they were off by about 1/2 inch at full extension. IMO I would stick with the TS905 and try to find sleeves else where so you don't have to do what I did.

awesome thanks... I forgot to ask do you have the TS 507 or TS 514 on the front?

TIA

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I wish I would have got them cheaper, but IMO worth every penny.

Quicksilver337

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there is no link, I'm hoping they have a Black Friday of Cyber Monday Sale...

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For the cheap cheap i would

Lol how cheap is cheap? If you just want the rears I'll do $250 shipped to you. That's $50 less than anywhere you'll get them new, plus you'll still have to spend another $50 on the necessary mounting hardware to adapt them.