Belltech 963SP on '12 Ram R/T

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowcomet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM R/T
Engine
Hello all. Just signed up and I'm loving the DIY section on this forum compared to others, keep up the good work. Maybe I can contribute......

Bought a '12 Ram R/T Aug. 22nd and I ordered a Belltech 963SP kit from Dwayne at 3rd Strike.

I've got a few concerns that maybe can be put at ease.

1st: Belltech doesn't manufacture a drop kit for a '12 model Ram yet and I've seen that some of you guys have been successfully installing their kits. So my concern is what type of issues will I have if any installing this kit?

2nd: After researching I realized the 963SP is designed for the CC/QC models. My guess is the spring rate is different from that of a RC. Any opinions or facts? Will I have issues with this kit and a RCSB?

3rd: The center line of the rear axle needs correcting with a track bar relocator or adjustable pan hard bar correct? Just in case I did order a Spohn adjustable pan hard bar....Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bottomline: I just want my concerns put at rest whether positive or negative. Really worried that i screwed up with ordering this kit although 3rd Strike's webside advertised this 963SP kit for all cab/model configuration, if my memory serves me correctly.

Thanks all for your time and reply.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM R/T
Engine
Thank you for the greeting to ur forum.

I will def. post sum pics as soon as I get a day off from work.

Awesome, u def. put my concerns at ease. Thank you for ur swift reply and knowledge to my ?s and concerns. Also I appreciate the feedback.

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
i belive the c/c and reg suppesions are different i know the r/t springs are stiffer dont think you want to get a kit for anything bit a reg cab

Last edited:
OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM R/T
Engine
Here is an excerpt from 3rd Strike's website for the Belltech kit.

"Primary Front Lowering Component Coil spring Primary Rear Lowering Component Coil spring Front Shock/Struts Included Yes Front Shock Type Gas-charged twin-tube Rear Shocks Included Yes Rear Shock Type Gas-charged twin-tube

Yes

Hardware Included

Sold as a kit.

Quantity

Fits 2009-up Dodge Ram 1500 2wd/4wd all cabs

Belltech 963SP Drop Kit 39.95lbs"

Can anyone verify this info.....? Specifically the " Fits 2009-up Dodge Ram 1500 2wd/4wd all cabs"

Belltech 963SP Drop Kit 39.95lbs

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Here is an excerpt from 3rd Strike's website for the Belltech kit.

"Primary Front Lowering Component Coil spring Primary Rear Lowering Component Coil spring Front Shock/Struts Included Yes Front Shock Type Gas-charged twin-tube Rear Shocks Included Yes Rear Shock Type Gas-charged twin-tube

Yes

Hardware Included

Sold as a kit.

Quantity

Fits 2009-up Dodge Ram 1500 2wd/4wd all cabs

Belltech 963SP Drop Kit 39.95lbs"

Can anyone verify this info.....? Specifically the " Fits 2009-up Dodge Ram 1500 2wd/4wd all cabs"

Belltech 963SP Drop Kit 39.95lbs

humm i cant but i know for a fact the r/t suspension is stiffer might want to call them

FLRamSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello all. Just signed up and I'm loving the DIY section on this forum compared to others, keep up the good work. Maybe I can contribute......

Bought a '12 Ram R/T Aug. 22nd and I ordered a Belltech 963SP kit from Dwayne at 3rd Strike.

I've got a few concerns that maybe can be put at ease.

1st: Belltech doesn't manufacture a drop kit for a '12 model Ram yet and I've seen that some of you guys have been successfully installing their kits. So my concern is what type of issues will I have if any installing this kit?

2nd: After researching I realized the 963SP is designed for the CC/QC models. My guess is the spring rate is different from that of a RC. Any opinions or facts? Will I have issues with this kit and a RCSB?

3rd: The center line of the rear axle needs correcting with a track bar relocator or adjustable pan hard bar correct? Just in case I did order a Spohn adjustable pan hard bar....Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bottomline: I just want my concerns put at rest whether positive or negative. Really worried that i screwed up with ordering this kit although 3rd Strike's webside advertised this 963SP kit for all cab/model configuration, if my memory serves me correctly.

Thanks all for your time and reply.

Just get the McCaugheys kit. They specify what vehicle is for what kit.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM R/T
Engine
Guys... Let us use some logic here. I can confirm as I have done some searching. The kit (Which he said he had already ordered) works for all the cab configs.

The CC/QC springs are STIFFER than that of a regular cab (NONE R/T). We also know that the springs of an (R/T) Model ram are STIFFER than that of a CC/QC FROM THE FACTORY. That is what gives you a sportier feel and a stiffer ride in the R/Ts. So by him buying the CC/QC drop kit with the higher tension springs, even though he did not as they are all the same kit, (EVEN IF) they were higher tension than that of a regular cab spring kit, the worst that can happen is he has a stiffer over all, or 'sportier', ride. As AGAIN, they put a stiffer spring on the R/Ts from the factory.

Not like he will put the springs in and they will cause his truck to have a 6 inch lift, or like every time he goes over a speed bump he will hop around...

I honestly would think it to be a better thing IF you could order stiffer than normal springs. They do sell factory ride height springs to the few that tow heavy loads and want a 20% increased tow capacity over factory. Nothing wrong with a stiffer spring, which they are not since all the springs in their drop kits are of the same rate.

U READ MY MIND! This is exactly what I was thinking but wanted some reassurance from the 4th Gen community.

I found out my kit will be in Tues. Sept. 25th. Unfortunately I probably won't have time to install it for a couple of more weeks. But, when it does arrive and I do install it, it'll answer my ?s and possibly confirm some of your all opinions and/or facts.

I will def. Keep u guys posted and ill be working on some pics in the mean time.
Thanks again for your alls involvement.

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM R/T
Engine
Let me know how you like that spohn adjustable panhard bar, that's the one I'd like to get as well.

I was able to get it installed, super easy installation. Maybe 10 minutes. Very nice quality piece. I haven't had the chance to use it to its full potential as I'm still waiting for the rest of my drop kit. But, I highly recommend it.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the Spohn adj PHB come with the relocating bracket, or are you just using the Spohn bar with the factory bracket?

OP
OP
lowcomet

lowcomet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM R/T
Engine
I'm excited to say the 963sp kit went on without a single hiccup.....

My suggestion to all you RCSB owners, get the Belltech 963sp kit and save yourself money over the Belltech 964sp.....

Ride Quality: Fan-Freakin-Tastic, hardly noticibly stiffer and much sportier handling....

STAY TUNED! PICS TO COME!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio