Belltech coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know the number of coils on a standard 2/4 drop?

I was under the truck last night replacing a rear speed sensor and was poking around trying to figure out the history of the truck.

rear had 9 coils and front has 8 coils... just wondering if its a modified kit or off the shelf .

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
off topic but the first time I was poking around under the truck this past Monday I cut my finger and bashed the left side of my head. YIKES! Mine is being lowered next week with the Belltech 2/4, sorry I can't help but good luck.

13RamR/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know the number of coils on a standard 2/4 drop?

I was under the truck last night replacing a rear speed sensor and was poking around trying to figure out the history of the truck.

rear had 9 coils and front has 8 coils... just wondering if its a modified kit or off the shelf .

Wipe down a front a rear coil spring and look for a white Belltech logo followed by numbers xxxx-*** stencilled right on the spring. I have a 2/4 drop and PNs are #4762 for front and #5317 for rear.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a brand new belltech kit right beside me....brb

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. So If i put my finger on the end of the pigtail, and count straight down and end on the oppostive pigtail(including both pigtails) the belltech 964sp has...

12 rear
9 front

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks bgray, it is confirmed then i have a modified kit with 1 coil up front and 3 out back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The Belltech kit is weird... Especially in the back.

The rear Belltech springs have less distance between coils in the low spring rate portion of the spring, but more distance between coils in the high spring rate portion of the spring.

So basically, they have a lower low spring rate and a higher high spring rate.... If that makes sense. At least that was my impression. I ran out of low spring rate REAL quick on mine, but never had an issue bottoming out, even under load.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Belltech kit is weird... Especially in the back.

The rear Belltech springs have less distance between coils in the low spring rate portion of the spring, but more distance between coils in the high spring rate portion of the spring.

So basically, they have a lower low spring rate and a higher high spring rate.... If that makes sense. At least that was my impression. I ran out of low spring rate REAL quick on mine, but never had an issue bottoming out, even under load.

They are a multi-rate spring? didn't know that. But I don't haul much with the R/T but yet the bumps get hit every now and then, but that is probably due to them being cut.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
They are a multi-rate spring? didn't know that. But I don't haul much with the R/T but yet the bumps get hit every now and then, but that is probably due to them being cut.
Yea, they're progressive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You finally have confirmation! Or maybe not...Isn't his truck a crew cab? The springs are different per cab I believe.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You finally have confirmation! Or maybe not...Isn't his truck a crew cab? The springs are different per cab I believe.

Damnit... why you gotta burst my bubble.:roflsquared:

Well that is a good point. But I believe the rears are the same so still might be.... now back to wondering cause getting an answer out of belltech is like getting my 4 month old to change her own diaper.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damnit... why you gotta burst my bubble.:roflsquared:

Well that is a good point. But I believe the rears are the same so still might be.... now back to wondering cause getting an answer out of belltech is like getting my 4 month old to change her own diaper.

Sorry man! Yah I imagine there isn't a 3 coil difference between them. Hopefully you get a solid answer.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully but also doesn't really matter, its just for my piece of mind and knowing what length shocks to order when I replace the 2 bad ones. Probably be good just want to make sure before I spend another $600 on shocks

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What shocks? QA1's?

Yeah more than likely. I've read a lot where everyone has used them with a 3/6 drop and no issues. Just want to be sure everything fits exactly with what has been done to my truck... Makes it hard when your fixing or adding to someone else's work and don't know exactly what and how it was modified....

Edit, I just reread what I typed and didn't make very good sense.... had to correct it... I guess that's what I get for RF'n it at work and getting distracted by work

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye